Carrie Fisher died - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Frollein
Read it this minute. :( Princess Leia is dead.

What a shit year!
Carrie Fisher also played the recurring role of Rob's mother in 'Catastrophe'. Could be that she had already finished up her acting part for the next season. As for Star Wars, they could go for CGI, but we all know it's going to suck.
By Rousse
Rest in peace. :*( Princess Leia was always an inspiration for me.

As for Star Wars, she reportedly had already finished filming Episode VIII. If she doesn't die in it, they might use CGI to wrap up her character's story arc in IX. If that's the case, hopefully CGI will be better by 2019.
:( Princess Leia was always pretty cool. And awesome in a bikini. And cool.

Rousse wrote:Rest in peace. :*( Princess Leia was always an inspiration for me.

As for Star Wars, she reportedly had already finished filming Episode VIII. If she doesn't die in it, they might use CGI to wrap up her character's story arc in IX. If that's the case, hopefully CGI will be better by 2019.

All we need is this kind of snazzy technology for that sort of stuff:

By ness31
I wonder if it was the awful CGI that gave her the heart attack that did her in? RIP Princess Leia :(
Rob Delaney: ‘I revered Carrie Fisher until I met her. Then I loved her’

The Catastrophe comedian on writing extra scenes for his brilliantly funny co-star – and his failed attempts to seduce her

Yes, I knew Carrie Fisher. She played my mom on Catastrophe, the sitcom I write and star in with Sharon Horgan. Or should I say, “plays my mom”, since we just finished shooting last week and Carrie’s scenes haven’t been seen by anyone yet. Except for me and Sharon that is, and our director, producer and editor. We’ve seen them and they’re amazing. I played some early cuts for my dad the other day and he was roaring. She’s a bigger part of series three than she was of the first two series. We couldn’t help but write more for her because she’s so brilliant.

So yes, I knew her, but like you, I was a fan first and a fan for ever. Don’t feel worse for me today than you feel for yourself. Actually feel a little bit worse for me, since I won’t get to have her act right into my face any more or goof around with her between takes.

Carrie was the only cast member Sharon and I would let improvise. (I say “let”; as if we could stop her. She let us put her in our show.) We’re a bit despotic and inflexible with our dialogue because we’re insane, but Carrie was more insane and would always, always make it funnier and better. In episode one of series two you can hear her singing an improvised song about areolae in the background of our daughter’s christening party.

And she was kind too. One day I was having a hard time because I was feeling guilty about being on set pretending to have a hard time managing a young family while my real-life wife tended to our three kids under the age of five, one of whom was a newborn. She was very sweet and understanding and the next day she brought me a tin of biscuits shaped like syringes and thermometers and other medical things and said she was “prescribing me cookies”.

Of course I loved her in Star Wars and When Harry Met Sally but the thing I watched her in the most was The Blues Brothers, where her character repeatedly tries to creatively and violently murder Jake and Elwood, played by John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd respectively. Jesus was she beautiful in that movie, with her long chestnut hair, her impossibly beautiful brown eyes and her irresponsibly shiny lips. The per-scene budget for her lip gloss in The Blues Brothers must have been $25! (That movie came out in 1980, so $25 works out to roughly $830 in 2016 money.)

I spent my teenage years fantasising about a shiny-lipped Carrie Fisher trying to murder me and my fugitive brother one day … So naturally I tried to seduce Carrie when we finally did work together, especially after Variety called me “the poor man’s Harrison Ford, who is also fat”. I’d like to report that I was successful, but despite my begging her on many occasions, we never had sex, even though our onscreen mother/son chemistry was off the charts. We made her and Adam Driver’s sterile scenes in The Force Awakens look like bank transactions. Adam, if you’re reading this, you might want to consider spending some of your Star Wars money on acting lessons instead of Lamborghinis.

What I’m getting at here is that I revered Carrie until I met her and then I loved her. I’m smiling thinking about her. I hope you are too.

The Guardian

Looks like she's still going to be part of season 3.

@FiveofSwords Also, don't get too hung up on g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]