Bond, James Bond..... RIP Sean Connery.... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I watched Last Crusade(as well as Lazenby's Bond classic, I'll watch Dr No today) just then out of the blue, before reading this news. Dang.

Rest in peace...

Bond, James Bond and always will be the best one. And was brilliant as Indy's dad.

I might watch Hunt For Red October and The Untouchables too.
Sivad wrote:I thought a black guy was gonna be the next Bond?

I have no idea. I heard they were considering Idris Elba as well.

There is a list.

19 frontrunners.

Tom Hardy
Robert Pattinson
Paul Mescal
Harry Styles
Lashana Lynch
Idris Elba
James Norton
Sam Heughan
Jack Lowden
Michael B Jordan
Richard Madden
Riz Ahmed
Tom Hiddleston
Daniel Kaluuya
Henry Cavill
Aidan Turner
Damian Lewis
John Boyega
Henry Golding

https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a257 ... -analysis/

So you have your mix of Europeans, Asians, Blacks and a Muslim. Riz Ahmed was the lead actor in Trishna, a Muslim and a Pakistani. I cannot see Harry Styles as James Bond, must be his longish hair. I keep seeing Pattinson as Edward Cullen...LOL. Loki...Tom Hiddleston...but he can pull off cold and mysterious. I would not mind if they had Benedict Cumberbatch on the list. :lol:

Madden and Heughan are ok picks, though they are on the young side. They would appeal to those around my age. Cavill is ok too. He is older than Madden. He has experience playing in action films.

Idris Elba looks like a good choice. He looks tough and refined.
Sivad wrote:I'm not a Bond fan but Idris Elba would work. He's played some good roles and he can do suave. They should make a Bond movie that's true to the books, I heard the books are a lot darker and extremely violent.

Yes, they are dark. I have read some of the books. Critics have said that Timothy Dalton was one of the best Bonds because he had that dark brooding manner. Dalton has been underrated. His acting style is more like Laurence Olivier and he has mostly worked in theatrical productions. I have seen some of his minor productions and he really got into character. He is a talented actor.

Maybe we will hear more news later in November.
Sivad wrote:I'm not a Bond fan but Idris Elba would work. He's played some good roles and he can do suave. They should make a Bond movie that's true to the books, I heard the books are a lot darker and extremely violent.

Not really.

His character in the novels simply actually remembers the shit that he's done and what's happened to him, so he suffers from extreme PTSD over these two traumatic events:

....Faithfully rendered in the film series(although Vesper shoots herself in the book, from memory), but he has severe amnesia in the films because of that episodic anthology "watch in any order" aspect the film producers went with at the beginning.

Critics have said that Timothy Dalton was one of the best Bonds because he had that dark brooding manner

Same critics also have said the two films I just posted clips of are the most faithful adaptations and frequently considered the best two films, since those the plot of those two is almost page for page from the books, but with minor "modernization".
Last edited by colliric on 01 Nov 2020 02:05, edited 1 time in total.

Seeing that this place is filled to the brim with […]

Eugenics as a concept is quite interesting since i[…]

I understand that China had internal political tur[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Two things can be true at once: Russia doesn't ha[…]