Open topic about member clubs - ideas etc. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Private discussion areas.
Might need to rephrase this slightly
What happens if a group leader abuses their position?
Internal arguments within clubs about who is added or removed are the club's private affair. The only circumstance where a PoFo administrator will intervene is if the group leader is adding too many non-PoFo supporter members. In that case they might be removed from their position, and the group would be forced to ask an administrator every time they wanted a new member added.

I'm guessing if the group leader turns their group into the Rule 2 and 3 breaking supershow they'll probably have to go too. Some kind of guideline for replacement, if any, many need review.
I mean really, people write things about murdering me on the forum and in PMs and get a warning if anything, I get carded for every little thing, right-leaning members are driven off the forum, and now the far-left is being enshrined within the forum code. It seems banal to suggest that anyone normal would hand the reigns of their possible organization over to PoFo's moderators.
Rainbow Crow wrote:I mean really, people write things about murdering me on the forum and in PMs and get a warning if anything

You've made this claim several times and have been asked to provide evidence of this. Have you ever done it? If this is true it will dealt with.

Rainbow Crow wrote:I get carded for every little thing,

You have produced a large number of rule violations. In relation to another hypothetical member who does not have the number of rule violations you do, that isn't entirely unexpected, but its hard to say because I don't know who you're talking about, nor what incident.

Rainbow Crow wrote:nd now the far-left is being enshrined within the forum code.

It's a private group that you'll never see if you don't join. If you want the same start recruiting. As a doner you only need to recruit one more doner to your cause and you can on your merry way! Tell me something, did you read the sticky?

Rainbow Crow wrote:It seems banal to suggest that anyone normal would hand the reigns of their possible organization over to PoFo's moderators.

Moderation complaints go in the basement forum ONLY. Had you read the various stickies you would understand that by now.
Would it be permissible to create a poll in our thread in order to figure out a name?

We can do it informally if not, or ingliz can just tell us what our name is...
If you would like to make a complaint about the moderation please make it in the Basement forum.

Rainbow Crow wrote:now the far-left is being enshrined within the forum code
The Far left are the only people who seem to be organising a private group of their own so far, but that doesn't stop anyone else from doing the same.

Rainbow Crow wrote:It seems banal to suggest that anyone normal would hand the reigns of their possible organization over to PoFo's moderators.
I don't know even know what you mean by this. These forums are just meant as places for groups who want to chat in private about topics they don't want 'derailed' by the general board traffic. If one were trying to organise an actual political party I don't think a bulletin board is the right place at all. That sort of thing probably ought to be done in the 'real word' at a local "grass roots" level.

If you have any constructive suggestions to help improve this project I'd be happy to hear them.

Demosthenes  wrote:Would it be permissible to create a poll in our thread in order to figure out a name?

I don't want to set a precedent where I would have to do that for everyone in future, so an informal 'show of hands' is probably better.
I'd like to start a private club, The Conspirator League.
Or The Scribe. A private writers workshop

I hope this leads to internet radio stations

We should incorporate club membership in forum profiles.
Example, say the posters + mark can expand and include club membership information. This may promote interest in private clubs.
Username
% corrupt
Club membership

Serving as a faction system within the forum, deepening the profiling by combining already in place ideological labels, "Communist, Fascist, etc."
Siberian Fox wrote:Who moderates private clubs?
Unless the club contains an existing forum moderator, and the group wishes that moderator to also moderate the club, private clubs can only be moderated by PoFo administrators.

I will add to that the the group leader should PM me if they would like me to add a moderator.

I won't add groups leaders as moderators by default because group leaders do not necessarily have to be PoFo moderators. I'm not going to add moderation abilities to non-existing PoFo moderators because of the way certain board-wide permissions are set.
Oic... We just had an issue with moving threads around that would have been better if our group leader could moderate. As it stands a group with no admin would have to seek us out just to do those mundane things. Fyi

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainl[…]

Yes, and that conditional statement is not necessa[…]

They're going to bring the debunked "Russiaga[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0pAf3aBt18 How […]