Club- Suggestions/Requests - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Private discussion areas.
By U184
Many times threads are started with a sincere desire to debate the OP, but alas their are those who always seem to throw a wrench into the works. Such clubs seems a perfect place, as is their intention, to hold such discussions with others of like mind.

So what general topic areas would others have an interest in? (Not specific subjects, but general subject areas)

Science Geeks, a place for all things techno

and

Atheists and other assorted non practicing/religious

Would be a couple suggestions.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Also there is one I would like to start

POFO Professionals

A group for recent graduates, entrepreneurs, cooperate officers, business owners and others who are looking to network, rub elbows, etc.
Also there is one I would like to start

POFO Professionals

A group for recent graduates, entrepreneurs, cooperate officers, business owners and others who are looking to network, rub elbows, etc.

I'd be interested in the same sort of thing for PoFo academics, for much the same reasons.

The Immortal Goon wrote:I third it. Who will start this academic endeavor?

You may have to wait until I get proper bloody broadband at home!
Most DL courses supply both material and online data sources. Many utilize both online tests and arrange for proctored exams.

As for using forums as a teaching aid, how will you account for misleading and outright incorrect information that so often permeates such boards? I can see a focused forum working, like Carter has talked about, at least then the locked threads can contain the basic approved information and then allow for ongoing discussion like one would see in class.

The nice part of the above, is that said discussions can be more in-depth and has no time constraints.
I think a group for academia is a good idea, particular for academics and those on the track to academia.

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

Great german commentary: https://www.nachdenkseit[…]

Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three ans[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]