Austria-Hungary Revival Society - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Private discussion areas.
taxizen wrote:but politics is a game of noise and numbers and we won't find the noisy numbers we need solely from pofo; at some point we should take this to the mainstream social media: facebook and such. Just a suggestion.

Great suggestion indeed, thank you!
Beren wrote:Great suggestion indeed, thank you!

You are welcome.

I've been playing around with facebook lately and although it feels slightly blasphemous to say this, that site does have some quite nice facilities for making groups like this and you won't have to wait forever for Siberian Fox to press the magic button either. You could start it now. I just put my Chivalric Order of Liberty up there today.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/orderliberty/

facebook factoid: Facebook has 1.28 billion (yes that's billion with a b) users, which is like 1 in 6 people on the planet. Facebook has more users than India has nationals.
The Ottomans managed the balkans pretty well, maybe the turks should have it.

These words have some merit. But this thread is about the Danubian Monarchy! Ain't nobody got time for time for Turks.

I, Doomhammer, confirm that I want to join this group.

I believe I have the right qualifications to participate in such a group because:

I lived in Vienna for several years.
I know some German.
I know quite a bit about Austria in the Post-Napoleonic period.
I own a flag of Austria-Hungary.
The Ottomans managed the balkans pretty well, maybe the turks should have it.

Are Rei was calling me a traitor? The Turks are our sworn enemies!
Bulaba Jones wrote:Yes, I would like to confirm that I was being serious about applying to be part of this. Long live Austria-Hungary!

Donald wrote:This is my confirmation pf seriousness as well.

Doomhammer wrote:I, Doomhammer, confirm that I want to join this group.

The Immortal Goon wrote:I'll confirm, though only in that I like the history. As a current movement, I oppose monarchy. If that's good enough, let me in.

Thank you guys.
Just remember, the last allies the Habsburgs had were Germans and Ottomans.

Remind me how well that went for them?

With friends like that who needs enemies?
You forgot the Italians too.

The Italians were actually fighting against the Habsburgs in World War I, Quantum. Not that anyone noticed of course....
Potemkin wrote:The Italians were actually fighting against the Habsburgs in World War I, Quantum. Not that anyone noticed of course....

They were allied until the war broke out. Some allies they were.
They were allied until the war broke out. Some allies they were.

Lol @ Italy.
Italians, as well as Hungarians, should never be taken seriously.

As far as I know the genuine idea was that Italy and Austria-Hungary challenge Britain (and France) in the Mediterranean together. Then the Italians joined Britain and France, turned against their "ally" Austria-Hungary, and got South Tirol, Istria, Trieste, and some parts of today's Slovenia finally.

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]