Austria-Hungary Revival Society - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Private discussion areas.
The Immortal Goon wrote:I'd be interested in a historical sense. If it came back again, however, I may have to start a Bela Kun fan club.

Bela Cohn.

And I'd have to start a; 'Romanian Army saving central Europe from Marxist-Leninism' thread
We might as well start an Ottoman Empire revival society as well.

Those Eastern and Central European heathens need to be civilized and brought under the heel of the Third Roman Empire.

What?

Too soon?
Bela Cohn

Kun.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Béla_Kun]Source[/url]
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source

And "Marxist-Leninism" didn't exist at that time. Neither did the "Bolshevik-Leninists." These are fancy phrases for, "Stalinism," and, "Trotskyism," respectively. Lenin was in charge and no such phrase was used.
I think we could emulate the intellectual scene of Austria-Hungary, but we still need more people, I'm afraid. The good news is that anybody can join virtually, Austria-Hungary was a very diverse place.
So, that's a "no" on the restoration of the Ottoman Empire? What? Habsburgs need a rival/friend!

Unimaginative peasants...

Kun.

For what it's worth, I have only ever seen "Kun."

Am I the only one who thinks it's ridiculous that land-locked Hungary was ruled by an admiral - a formal admiral from the one great power in Europe that barely had any access to the sea? Horthy might as well have been an admiral of river barges. lol
Horthy might as well have been an admiral of river barges. lol

I've heard that Horthy was Admiral of the model boats in the ceremonial ponds in all of Hungary's municipal parks. Truly a fleet to strike fear into even the stoutest British hearts!
Doomhammer wrote:Am I the only one who thinks it's ridiculous that land-locked Hungary was ruled by an admiral - a formal admiral from the one great power in Europe that barely had any access to the sea? Horthy might as well have been an admiral of river barges. lol

Hungary also was a monarchy without a monarch. It kept its name Kingdom of Hungary, and Horthy was gubernator.

All that absurdities wouldn't have happened, if Austria-Hungary had remained as it was. The greatest thing ever existed on this planet.

Potemkin wrote:I've heard that Horthy was Admiral of the model boats in the ceremonial ponds in all of Hungary's municipal parks. Truly a fleet to strike fear into even the stoutest British hearts!

Feel like joining, Potemkin? Communists are also welcome on board, Austria-Hungary had plenty of them as well.
If there is a leadership position, I want it and I deserve it. Why? Because I actually own an Austria-Hungary flag, which probably should attest to something. Amirite? You can check it out in the members' photos thread.

I would support a Byzantine revival. The *Real* Rome, some might say...
The only right thing to do is to revive Sargon the Great's Akkadian Empire. The world's first, and therefore only legitimate, multi-ethnic empire.
Doom, start an Ottoman revival society, I will join that. You should be conspiring to crush the habsburgs and not revive it. What kind of Turk you are?
Doomhammer wrote:So, are we doing this or not?

Do we have enough people yet?

If I'm correct, as yet we have:

Doomhammer
    Rei Murasame
    Bulaba Jones
    annatar1914
    The Immortal Goon
    Donald
    Beren

We need three more people.
Doom, start an Ottoman revival society, I will join that. You should be conspiring to crush the habsburgs and not revive it. What kind of Turk you are?

A perfidious one that likes Habsburgs and La Serenissima. What good is life if you have no nemeses?

I might start an Ottoman Revival Society, but it might be pointless given that my country's politicians have beat me to the punch. I currently live in the biggest Ottoman Revival Society Forum there is... the only problem is, the neoliberal populist politics of Turkey have produced some fantastically unrealistic (hyperbolic language ftw) image of our past.

It is to be hoped that the Austria-Hungary revival society will garner interest and discussion in all manner of issues pertaining to 19th century European diplomatic history - including the Ottomans.

Anyone watch Mayerling starring Omar Sherif?
Anyone watch Mayerling starring Omar Sherif?

Yep. It was pretty good, as I recall.

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]

@FiveofSwords , when do you plan to call for a r[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

There are intelligent and stupid ways to retain p[…]