The Secular Society - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Private discussion areas.
By mikema63
The required consensus is no gods, considering that it's also the entry requirement I'm fairly certain that we will all agree.
By Nets
Aren't TIG and Decky Catholics? God or no god, if they like the institution of the Church how is that secular?
By mikema63
I always took decky's as a joke more than anything else.

I don't remember TiG being anything like that, except that he works at a church for history purposes.
By Gletkin
mikema63 wrote:The required consensus is no gods

I didn't think that "secular" and "atheist" were synonyms. It seems moderate/non-devout "believers" are also routinely referred to as "secular". DU and fuser noted this too earlier.
All atheists are secular but not all secularists are atheist.
By mikema63
We already decided to change the name to the celestial tea party, I just couldn't edit the thread title.
By Decky
Aren't TIG and Decky Catholics? God or no god, if they like the institution of the Church how is that secular?

How's your face secular heathen?
By fuser
Concept of Satan is more ridiculous than God.

^ I have said this twice now in this very thread
By fuser
It needs to be said though, I will have no problem if we get to worship "The Blood God".

[youtube]9-gSJW3sHXE[/youtube]
There is no other God...

...Like Khorn!

...Except maybe Crom!
mikema63 wrote:We already decided to change the name to the celestial tea party, I just couldn't edit the thread title.

Will you be secretly convening with Koch Industries and forcing "Right to not believe," legislation down your follower's throat?

Wait, so every hermetic philosophy believes in a creator, and you came from the sex of your parents... And now you think a 200 year old crown born theorist named Charles Darwin made the most appropriate illustration of what life is? Humans... Wanting that absolute love from whatever source they find true. Even if we can follow the seed's journey, what planted the seed?

"What planted the seed..."

"Yeah, you know, the chicken & the egg scenario."

"Oh, yeah... Ah, I think nothing made nothing."

"Wait... What? That doesn't make any sense empirically or scientifically."

"Big bang of nothing made something?"

"Are you alright?"

"This conundrum makes me want to build hydrogen bombs and smash accelerated particles to prove you wrong!"

"But that would be a human creating something."

"No. It would be humans manipulating what 's already here, the stuff that came from nothing."

I think denying a creator is scientifically counter-intuitive given the circumstance of your existence. Politically it allows the state to govern your thoughts, instead of the church. Mikema, you're such a tool.
Mike wrote:I don't remember TiG being anything like that, except that he works at a church for history purposes.

1. I work at a church doing history stuff there. They're protestants.

2. I identify as a secular Catholic. It's a cultural designation instead of a religious designation. Not unlike Jews identify as being Jewish if they're not religious.

3. I'm an atheist.
By Decky
Exactly, you can not believe in god but still knows who's side you would be on if the 30 years war broke out again in all its genocidal glory.

Confessions extracted under torture...seems legit.[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]