Shit wagons - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Wolfman
I think I come off as sympathetic to you because we agree for once in probably our entire posting careers. As I skimmed back through the thread I pretty much come off as the same abrasive, condescending "I don't give a fuck if you hate me" asshole I always am. But, you agree with me, so it's all cool. Normally we disagree, so it's a no-no.

Such is life, I suppose.
By QatzelOk
Publius-Wolfman wrote:As I skimmed back through the thread I pretty much come off as the same abrasive, condescending "I don't give a fuck if you hate me" asshole I always am.

This tidbit of romantic self-congratulation really helps position your comments in an appropriate light.

Shit-wagon fans don't really care about what other people think. The marketing people at car companies have given them a toy to worship, and that's what they do.
By Wolfman
Shit-wagon fans don't really care about what other people think. The marketing people at car companies have given them a toy to worship, and that's what they do.

You're doing that thing where you just start making shit up for no reason other then your psychosis again.
By QatzelOk
Wolfman wrote:You're doing that thing where you just start making shit up for no reason other then your psychosis again.

Are you saying that shit-wagon fans DO care about what the critics are saying?

If so, why do they continue to drive large, blunt objects that signal "callous resource pillager?"
By DrSteveBrule
"I;m more evniromentaly cumscius then u" said QaztelOk as he enjoys the trappings of modern life like bike rides through urban environments, the means of which are sustained by the technology that he despised so much.
By QatzelOk
DrSteveBrule wrote:"I;m more evniromentaly cumscius then u" said QaztelOk as he enjoys the trappings of modern life like bike rides through urban environments, the means of which are sustained by the technology that he despised so much.

I pedal silently through the urban grid of carbon monoxide and chemical car exhaust, perpetually in danger of being killed by "sports" vehicles that are typically driven by obese people who are useless.
Obese demonstrates the lack of sport.
And the consumption of other humans enjoyment, in order to exhibit a "status" that doesn't really exist is a total lack of utility.

So I stand by my qualification of North America as a land of shit wagons.
By QatzelOk
Recently, traffic deaths have started to climb again across North America because of the increasing number of shit wagons.

Shit wagons, besides having less safety features and weighing more than small cars, also have a higher front cowl which is much more efficient at killing other people. Young kids caught in a collision get the cowl right in the forehead, for example.

In a recent article about the increasing number of traffic deaths, Glen Williams wrote:What explains this?

As they have politically, our southern neighbours have become more polarized in their choice of vehicles. Cars have got smaller. At the same time, there are more light vans and trucks on the road than ever before, a category that includes SUVs.

The trends have combined to increase the weight disparity between the vehicles on U.S. highways. In a collision between two vehicles of unequal mass, the occupants of the smaller vehicle are far more likely to be killed.

“Vehicle Aggressivity” is the name given to a statistical measure of the overall risk of mortality posed by a particular vehicle striking another in a multi-vehicle collision, based on such factors as mass and manoeuvrability, and driver behaviour. The NHTSA reported in 1998 that light vans and trucks (LVTs) scored as high as 30:1 for aggressivity.

By Suntzu
quetzalcoatl wrote:Actual shit wagon.

Know your wagons!

Honey wagon! Y'all seem to know about as much about cars as politics. I just learned my 4 cylinder Birkin that will do the 1/4 in 11 seconds ain't a sporty car. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By QatzelOk
Suntzu wrote:Honey wagon! Y'all seem to know about as much about cars as politics. I just learned my 4 cylinder Birkin that will do the 1/4 in 11 seconds ain't a sporty car. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And my blender that can liquify an entire melon in less than 20 seconds... isn't a sporty blender. It's just a powerful machine that uses a lot of electricity.

Chances are, if you drive a lot, you're not doing enough physical activity. People who drive "sports" cars often need to have their stomach's stapled. This rarely happens to people who are truly sporty.

And sports cars are as credible as sports blenders.
By QatzelOk
Lady Gaga "gets it" in this video, where she promotes "leftist" used-car salesman Joe Biden in his election challenge against "centrist" used car salesman Donald Trump.

In the video, she is proudly standing in front of a shit wagon, drinking a beer, and wearing camouflage fashions and high-leg boots that don't match the rest of the outfit.

What the art direction of the video is saying is that North Americans only understand the world via the lense of car advertisements and football beer ads.

I think she's right. She may be today's "Abraham Lincoln" of the Shit Wagon.

Or would you propose someone else as the "Abraham Lincoln of the Shit Wagon?"
By MistyTiger
:lol:

I learned to drive with a Ford Explorer and a Chevy Blazer. I will always have a soft spot for SUVs. It is a bit harsh to call them "shit wagons". If you must call them names, consider them "metal steeds." :D

I live in a small urban area and public transit is not an option. I could ride a bike but only a few months in the year. Most of the year the roads are slippery and/or covered with snow.
By Wellsy
Rancid wrote:SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGONS!!

It's nice to know you've been ’screaming’ one liners for years here on PoFo.

By Sivad
QatzelOk wrote:Lady Gaga

Who's more awesome, Godstud or Lady Gaga? I'm pretty sure it's Godstud even though he's not nearly as famous as he should be.
By QatzelOk

MistyTiger wrote::lol: I learned to drive with a Ford Explorer and a Chevy Blazer.

I learned to talk by making crack deals for my mother while she did prostitute acts to pay for it. "Ga ga, crack?" were my first words.

I will always have a soft spot for SUVs. It is a bit harsh to call them "shit wagons". If you must call them names, consider them "metal steeds."

I used to call my uncle "train" and he used to call me "tunnel." I learned how much sex can really hurt from that man. I'll never forget him.

I live in a small urban area and public transit is not an option. I could ride a bike but only a few months in the year. Most of the year the roads are slippery and/or covered with snow.

I live, completely isolated, in an asphalt parking lot that is over 50 square kilometers in size. If I attempt to "walk" anywhere, I will die of thirst or exposure. I thank car companies for creating my high quality environment.

(Translation from English to Shit Wagon by Google Translate)
By JohnRawls
QatzelOk wrote:Image

I learned to talk by making crack deals for my mother while she did prostitute acts to pay for it. "Ga ga, crack?" were my first words.

I used to call my uncle "train" and he used to call me "tunnel." I learned how much sex can really hurt from that man. I'll never forget him.

I live, completely isolated, in an asphalt parking lot that is over 50 square kilometers in size. If I attempt to "walk" anywhere, I will die of thirst or exposure. I thank car companies for creating my high quality environment.

(Translation from English to Shit Wagon by Google Translate)

Your fascination and attempts at stoping and reversing progress will not work. Why do you want billions of people to die without healthcare and other modern conviniences anyways? Just cause you like nature? At times you sound like the unabomber....
By QatzelOk
Unthinking Majority wrote:I've been waiting years, YEARS, for a thread where I can disparage SUV drivers. This is an important issue.

It's the "elephant in the garage" of American politics.

When Gaga said "America," she really meant "shit wagons."

And it's the same when either political candidate speak. They are both strongly in favor of shit wagons. The main difference is that Trump wants black shit wagons with Black Sabbath bumber stickers, while Joe Biden will work to make sure Americans drive white SUVs with "baby on board" wobblies.

The Overton window is exclusively about color and accessories.
Last edited by QatzelOk on 06 Nov 2020 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
By ness31
Your fascination and attempts at stoping and reversing progress will not work. Why do you want billions of people to die without healthcare and other modern conviniences anyways? Just cause you like nature? At times you sound like the unabomber....

rofl. that’s a very specific comparison :lol:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Wow, @Tainari88 , you really don't know anything[…]

I doubt capitalism will even exist in a century[…]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]