Weird english cars..... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By TUC
ok I am new to this so I better ask.
Cars should have the pedals in this order:

clutch Breaks! GAS!

Cars should further have the gear shift aranged like this:

R-1-3-5-R
R-2-4-(6/R)-R

I have indicated a 6th gear and also ALL posible locations of a Realy gear.....eh...Reverse gear....dam it why cant I ever remember that :hmm:

If there is any reason that UK cars dont have that please do tell me before I die!
By Yeddi
I think every car i've ever driven (granted that is few in number) all cars EXCEPT the VW combie has the first gear in the bottom left.

The German car was the only one with the gear configuration that you've shown.
By Jon
What car are you driving Torben? Most English cars have a configuration like that you've described. The only cars I've driven with first on bottom left were the 308 and 348.
By TUC
Well I ordered a vauxhaul corsa/ 206/clio type car cause I wont be able to drive fast anyhow.....they might give me something better though like an Astra/Golf....if the whether is nice I'll ask for a 206cc
By Jon
Astra?! Better?! :lol:
The 206 is a better car, the only problem is, its a skirt. Golf is too big for the class you're looking at - you'd get a Polo if its going to be a VW.
By TUC
Its a car. which makes it better then the coach. thats all I care about.

I had these options:
To bristol and no vehicle other then taxi would have been 400€
To heathrow and by bus would have been 320€
To heathrow and by car is 360€

And I wont have to spend hours on bristol busses that dont come. :)
By Jon
TUC wrote:And I wont have to spend hours on bristol busses that dont come. :)

Good point :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By TUC
OK They gave me this ford fiesta that looks like a focus and its weird.

It has centre of gravity far to high, to nerrow tires, and a crapy gearbox. But oh well it gets me to uni to the pub and to anyother place I might whish to go to. So its better then the bus.

I want that Golf TDI Back that I have at home (its not mine yet but it will be, sooon) That has a 1,8? litre engine and 205mm wide tires it sticks to the road.....I tried it at 60kmh on a dirt track and it wouldnt even start to slide round....
By Proctor
Eh? I've never seen a car that didn't have the gearbox like that. What the hell is going on in Australia?
By naked_turk
Don't EVER assume that the car's gearshift is always in standard order. This summer, I almost drove my grandfather's 1977 500 series BMW into a wall, because the gears wheren't in the proper order :knife:
By Truth-a-naut
Its usually a good idea to look at the shifter knob... usually.
;)
By naked_turk
Goldstein wrote:Its usually a good idea to look at the shifter knob... usually.
;)

The problem was that it didn't have indications of what position does what; in addition to that, it was an abnormal configuration...

The October 7 attack may constitute an act of att[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]