British Cars are Bloody Rubbish - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Oxymoron
And Oxy, why do you have a car that costs more than what you make in a year?

Why do you assume that?
By Kiroff
Land Rovers cost over 30k. You've said before that your salary is something like 28-32k.
By Oxymoron
My wife also works, and my salary is based on sales so I am over those numbers right now.
By Thunderhawk
I'm surprised you speak so highly of the Magnum, for having seen the pre-2008 model here in Canada, and I suppose you're refering to that generation, it looked horribly cheap and poorly assembled. But then again I must have European standards.

Id say my friend's car is quite nice (it is the top end, ~60k). Style lines are personal preferences (I like the blocky look). Quality of construction, Im not sure as I havent looked in detail through his car looking for problems. Cursory glances however show nothing bad, which is better then most low end cars IMO. It isnt as nice as other cars near its price range (Im in love with a Mercedes) but as American cars go, Im impressed.
By Grunch
The British should stick to making incredibly lightweight, fast cars.
By War Angel
Japanese cars if you can't afford more.

German cars if you can.

You can always trust the Germans and the Japanese. Whatever they do, they do well. Cars, weapons, genocide, you name it. Hard-working, anal and relentless.
By PredatorOC
English? German? Ugh, go with a Jap already. I have owned 4 Mazdas now, and they have never let me down.
By Thunderhawk
English? German? Ugh, go with a Jap already. I have owned 4 Mazdas now, and they have never let me down.

If they have never let you down, why have you had 4 of them?
By PredatorOC
If they have never let you down, why have you had 4 of them?

First one was very old, second one was petrol, third one was diesel since I was driving a lot and the current is petrol again, since I drive less and the state has punitive taxes on diesel cars for some insane reason.
By Noelnada
I don't know what 'Kuweiti' means.

Yeah technically they are Iraqis like everyone knows.
By Thunderhawk
A two-lane asphault road?
By Adrien
Isn't that the car with which Clarkson scored the fastest lap ever on the Top Gear track?
By scooby
Going back to Oxymorons point about landrovers, i have used them for years and not had problems, but then i use Defenders (otherwise known as a real landrover, not the ladies option)the quality issue has only been an issue since it left British ownership, as many Lr insiders will tell you trying to standardise 4WD parts with cars will always lead to failure. and being an American, the Landrover group is now part of ford, suck it up your guys helped fuck it up, after BMW underinvested and stole the technology for the X3 and X5 which are equally shit. Another good example is Saab fantastic cars until GM became the owner i had two original Saabs and my father has always had them, all out pre GM cars ran to in excess of 200k the "new" i had sucked and they have been deleted from the company car list my company has because of their awful reliability particularly on the Diesel. GM's atrocious customer service hasn't helped either.
By Adrien
GM is worse at that than Ford, mind you.

Land Rover's identity wasn't that dilluted, and wasn't prostituted at all compared to how GM slapped a Saab front-end on a Subaru Impreza Wagon and a Chevy TrailBlazer in order to create two super lame models for North America and other markets.

And I don't even mention the platform prostitution of Holdens..
By Oxymoron
Just got the bill for one thousand dollars, I am selling this fucking Piece of shit and getting a piece of shit 1994 used Infiniti :hmm: .
By hannu
I don't blame you.

Why don't you get a retro rear wheel drive drift car? A 1986 Toyota Corolla AE86 would go very nicely if you can find one with no rust. Very reliable as well.

Hold her on the rev limiter all night long................Pleasure.

I understand that, but my point was that speciati[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]