The Ugliest car of all history. - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Godstud
Pontiac Aztec. A car with a built in tent. WTF were they thinking?
By Adrien
This one is fairly ugly yes (as all Scions are anyway). The JDM cubes can be neat though, not that I would drive any, but some at least have some research in style: the Daihatsu Materia for instance, or the Nissan Cube even if the inside is craptacular.
By Unperson-S
I dont understand why anyone would want a car that looks like its made from duplo
By QatzelOk
I dont understand why anyone would want a car that looks like its made from duplo

Maybe cars that look like toys have another function: They convince kids that cars can be cute. And this convinces adults that kids love cars.
By Adrien
All part of the great conspiracy eh? When I was a little kid I loved cars, I am not kidding you names of cars in the streets were literaly among the first words to come out of my mouth, but my father doesn't fancy cars at all. Cars are intrinsequally cool.

8)

Every cube-on-wheels as we say does not succeed at that, but a cubic shape means that you have a lot of room inside, be it for cargo or for headroom, which creates a nice atmosphere. It also means more window surface. For the rest, it doesn't make more sense: they're so tall they're often very sensitive to side winds, their very steeply raked windscreens often create noises at high speed, etc.
By franfran
If you're looking for a cube on wheels, how about the Quasar Unipower?

By Adrien
The A/C in that thing would have to be powered by a turbine to make sure the driver doesn't roast.

By the way that picture is from the latest Retromobile show, I was there, 'twas pretty neat!
By franfran
Somehow, if it's modern cars we're looking at, I think the Chinese would have a few entries on the list:

By Ter
Here is a late entry.

I remember seeing those in England in the seventies..

By QatzelOk
By Adrien
I apologize in advance for shooting at an ambulance, but..

By Thunderhawk
Why do you consider the new accord ugly?
By Adrien
I actually just hate that Crosstour variant.

The North American Accord sedan is a classy yet cookie-cutter family hauler, and unlike the Camry it is available with some pretty nifty engines. The coupe, although close to being a land yacht, offers even more speed although again wrapped in a cookie-cutter package. I wouldn't buy one, but it's a totally respectable choice. I dig it much more than the previous generations of NA Accords.

The Euro Accord (aka Acura TSX) is really nice too, even more so maybe with the Acura grille. And its wagon version plays in the league of the Alfa 159 wagon even.

But this! This! Yikes! Look at that thing!

It's got an overblown US Accord front end, with that Gillette Fusion grille. And from the rear, it's got an enormous bulbous rear end that's like a match made in Hell between an overblown CRX and God knows what else. And if that wasn't enough, look at the details like the twice-sculpted wheel arches and the grooved and textured fake SUV-like steps.

Honda failed on this one I'm afraid, and I usually like what they do. Especially at Euro Honda and Acura though.
By Dr House
Ter wrote:Here is a late entry.

I remember seeing those in England in the seventies..

Wow. Just... wow. How are people allowed to drive something so fucking ugly?
By Adrien
Leave it to the Brits..

;)
By Huntster
The Studebaker Champion.

Actually, this one doesn't look too bad all shiny, but I remember my Dad's neighbor who had one. It was a piece of shit.
By Quantum
The Renault 4 is fugly but cars from those days were aesthetically unique, unlike modern cars which are uniform and bland. I would happily drive this fugly car down a country lane, listening to a tune.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Wait, what ? South Korea defeated communists ? Wh[…]

@SpecialOlympian Stupid is as stupid does. If[…]

It is rather trivial to transmit culture. I can j[…]

World War II Day by Day

So long as we have a civilization worth fighting […]