Model of Police Cars Near You - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Adrien
Your point being? Maybe I should post a couple of pics of the police cruisers burnt during the events following one the Habs' victory last year, or even during theriots in Montreal Nord, eh.
By SouthBeirut
:hmm: :hmm: I never saw police cars in Lebanon....
By franfran
This is hardly a typical Police car (most of them here are Holden Commodores or Ford Falcons) but some of the inner city Police stations have one or two small cars, although obviously not as pursuit vehicles. I snapped this FIAT 500 at Glebe Police station in Sydney’s inner-west a week or two ago:

By franfran
If anyone is interested in the various vehicles that are and have been used by the Police in Australia, the following site is well worth a look: http://www.inthejob.com/

Here's an example of a Police vehicle of the past that they have on the site:

And an example of a Police vehicle of the present:

By SouthBeirut
snapped this FIAT 500 at Glebe Police station in Sydney’s inner-west

Damn.. Putting a bad guy in this vehicle is worse than torture.
By franfran
franfran wrote:If anyone is interested in the various vehicles that are and have been used by the Police in Australia, the following site is well worth a look: http://www.inthejob.com/

Just noticed that the site I gave a link to earlier in this thread has changed its address. If anyone is looking for it, it's now at: http://www.auspolcars.info/
By franfran
Here's a photo I took in Glebe in Sydney's inner west. I've only seen one of these in Police use. A rather unusual choice for a Police car don't you think.........

By Suska
In my neck of the woods the ones to look out for drive unmarked SUVs

It is funny to me though how expensive the sheriffs cars are in such a poor county. I wonder why that is... hmmm
By Jarlaxle
I didn't even realize they sold PT Cruisers in Australia.

Around here...my town uses Crown Vics, with one Ford Expedition. Some other towns & the State Police use Chargers, I also see Explorers, Expeditions, and a few Impalas.
By franfran
Jarlaxle wrote:I didn't even realize they sold PT Cruisers in Australia.

They did sell them here for a few years, but it looks like they're not any more. Saw one of them today down at the local shops. Looks like the only Chryslers on sale at the moment are the 300C, Sebring and Grand Voyager. I'm not sure when they pulled it off the Australian market, but it may have been last year some time.

I took that photo about six months ago, I think. I've only seen that car once.
By franfran
After the FIAT 500 and the PT Cruiser, here's some not so unusual Police cars - all the photos were taken outside Glebe Police station.

VW Transporter and Ford Falcon

Holden Rodeo and Mitsubishi Lancer

Ford Falcon wagon, Toyota Camry and (unmarked) Holden Commodore
By danholo
On the site here you can see a nice slide show of the basic vehicle used by police in Finland which is the Volkswagen Transporter:
http://www.poliisi.fi/
Also:
A police transporter in, at least Helsinki slang, is "Maija". :D These days there are also Skodas station wagons and sedans in use, and some Volvos. The police force in Helsinki was also donated a couple of Jaguars of which the other one unfortunately suffered an accident and was decommissioned. :D. In the old days, they used to be SAABs. :D

Generally I'm scared of the police though. They are respectable and nice in Finland, but they're still cops.

In Israel they use the same Skoda as in Finland:

@Rich The Dutchmen argue that Holland invente[…]

I find it bizarre that people like @Unthinking M[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Jews? Are you insane? Tsars actively supported t[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 15, Wednesday Britons flock to the local def[…]