Why are car addicts so afraid? - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Godstud
Don't bother trying to explain and be rational to people who are irrational. No matter what you do, as long as you drive a car you're evil, and polluting THEIR air. Even if you explain it quite logically they will write it off as "bad choices" on your part. :roll: It doesn't matter how ecological and environmentally friendly you act in other ways, just driving a car(even if it is very environmentally friendly) makes you the epitome of naughty, as they instantly equate cars with evil. It's like trying to explain evolution to creationists. They've made up their minds before you even started talking.
By Pants-of-dog
Don't bother trying to explain and be rational to people who are irrational. No matter what you do, as long as you drive a car you're evil, and polluting THEIR air. Even if you explain it quite logically they will write it off as "bad choices" on your part. :roll: It doesn't matter how ecological and environmentally friendly you act in other ways, just driving a car(even if it is very environmentally friendly) makes you the epitome of naughty, as they instantly equate cars with evil. It's like trying to explain evolution to creationists. They've made up their minds before you even started talking.

The irony is that none of this is actually a rational argument (or even an argument of any kind) but just one long ad hominem directed at anyone who disagrees with Godstud.
By yiwahikanak
I chuckled.
By Godstud
:lol: Truth hurts?
By QatzelOk
I know all my neighbours too, in the rural village where I live, but none of them have to go and work where I work.

So you live in a village of commuters.

This is a far from the olde notions of villages where everyone could walk to their work, and bike to the other side of the village.

It is a village in name only - like the Gay Village in my city.

The main street in the Gay Village is closed to car traffic for the four warm months. This has been a very successful experiment with car-free neighborhoods - business has skyrocketed since the car-free zone was started three years ago.
By Cartertonian
:roll:

No, Qatz.

I live in a rural farming community (my in-laws are farmers) where most of the people work locally.

I, as you know, am in the military which involves lots of moving around (postings every 18 months - 2 years) which is pretty hard on families, so we made the decision to settle the family down somewhere we wanted to be, rather than somewhere that was being dictated to us by the military. Since both my family and my wife's family all live within a fifty or so mile radius of each other in rural Yorkshire, it made sense to find somewhere to settle the family in the same area.

Nevertheless, I'm sure you would have preferred that I inflict the misery of city living on my wife and kids. Montreal may be lovely - I don't know - but the city where I work is fucking dismal.
By Godstud
Montreal's lovely, but the inhabitants leave a lot to be desired.
By yiwahikanak
No, we really are as awesome as we think we are.
By QatzelOk
Godstud wrote:Montreal's lovely, but the inhabitants leave a lot to be desired.

The creators of loveliness don't always fit the commercial media image of polite.

I'll grant you that.
By franfran
yiwahikanak wrote:No, we really are as awesome as we think we are.

Now there's something that deserves to be printed on a T-shirt.

What interests are those? Helping Ukraine to de[…]

@wat0n Your obsession with sexual violence is[…]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]