Does anyone else have Flight Simulator 2002? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

nico wrote:I was just wondering, maybe we could swap stories, and links. My favourite plane is the Ilyushin Il-62M of Interflug. :)

Thank you.

-I have the game.....but I prefer turboprops. My favorite ones are the
-Tu-20, Be-2 and P-3 Orion. I have some pretty good Russian planes:
Tu-20
Be-2
Tu-16
An-2

I usually download my planes at:
flightsim.com
Btw, have you already heard of X-Plane? Seems to be far better than FS2002.
By nico
Holy man those things go so slow, you should get the Concorde and the Tu-144. You should get some MelJets ohhhh those are smooth and really good. I have a extensive collection of Il-62's and Tu-154's. I don't want to get military aircraft they don't create the same impression as a civilian one. I usually fly the Montevideo-Sao Paulo route, and from Schonefeld in E.Berlin.
By Gothmog
nico wrote:Holy man those things go so slow, you should get the Concorde and the Tu-144.

-Actually I´ve just dowloaded a old S-40 (USA made 4 piston engine flyingboat). Wonderful plane....cruising speed around 200km/h....
for speed lovers, I have one B-58, great plane. I´ve already tested
the Concorde too...great plane, well, starnge to see this, but I´ve
been dowloaded few jets. Will try the Il-86, maybe, or a 727.

You should get some MelJets ohhhh those are smooth and really good. I have a extensive collection of Il-62's and Tu-154's. I don't want to get military aircraft they don't create the same impression as a civilian one. I usually fly the Montevideo-Sao Paulo route, and from Schonefeld in E.Berlin.

-Well, you´re right, FS2002 is a civilian simulator, but there are some
planes we simply need to have. Consider the Tu-20 (of course, there
is the civilian version too, but I found it too late...) a turboprop able
to fly at 900km/h is a great add on to anyone´s collection (on the
other hand, I prefer th Electra to the P-3, but I didn´t find a good
Electra on the web)
By nico
Which sites do you go to? And if want great props (british) go to this website, I suggest you donwload the Viscount!

http://www.btinternet.com/~rick.piper/

Is it just mine but whenever I try to fly to or from Sao Paulo's Guarhlos (mind my portugese) airport it never downloads, you know the flight plan. And do you know how to install AI aircraft? I really think you should get the Tu-144, and do you know where I can get a good TAP 747?
By nico
I also suggest you get the Bristol Britannia, better than the cheapo Electra. I have so many FS2002 pics it's not funny :lol:
By Tovarish Spetsnaz
I want to get this game. Is it as boring as it seems?? Do you just fly around in a plane???

With military aircraft...can you drop bombs and lunch missiles ;) ?

Can I crash into building... :eek: ... :lol: ?
By nico
No it's for serious simmers, it get's interesting once you start downloading new aircraft. You can make up routes and stuff, nah if you like to fly i suggest you get it or wait until FS2004.
By Gothmog
Tovarish Spetsnaz wrote:I want to get this game. Is it as boring as it seems?? Do you just fly around in a plane???

-Well, you have helicopters too....and you have more than 20000 airports around the world, bad weather, and so on. You can fly seaplanes too and download hundreds of planes in the web.

Can I crash into building... :eek: ... :lol: ?

-Yes, but they removed the WTC in version 2002 :(
By Proctor
That's fair enough. They're not there any more after all.

I played one of the old Flight Simulators. I did find it a little boring, but once I started trying the missions I got really into it. And then we went home, and I never played it again. :)
By Adrien
Well i'm not really good at flight simulations, but one that really impressed me was Fly! and several years ago Flight Unlimited, which was very well done.

At the moment i'm in a space-fight mood, so i re-play to X-Wing, Tie Fighter and Descent!

:)

@FiveofSwords According to two Dutchmen , the[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Tsarism was the greater protector of the Christia[…]

I find it bizarre that people like @Unthinking M[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 15, Wednesday Britons flock to the local def[…]