Your Four Wheeled ride..... - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Rancid wrote:FUCK YOU!

I'm going to take that in the spirit (I think) it was intended! ;)

Colliric wrote:Thanks for bumping my thread.

It's nice to get a blast-from-the-past occasionally.

My Series 2 Disco has long since gone. :( I had a Series 1 V8 for a while, but I bought it because it was converted to run on LPG and when the local garage stopped supplying LPG I had to get rid.

On two wheels I'm currently riding this:

Honda XLV1000 Varadero.
Nice ride, Cartertonian! I just had my Kawasaki Versys 650 (2011) all refurbished for the new year(new tires, brakes and a fault int he electrical fixed).

My new car. 2017 Ford Focus S. My first car in about 5 years.

I am extremely happy with it! It's quick, roomy and has all the latest gadgets. It's also different from most of the other cars because it's not black, white, silver, or grey. Those are the predominant colours for cars here, so I can find my car in a parking lot at a glance. :D
I'm pretty sure I will also buy another Ford myself next....

My LPG Alloy-Wheel 2003 Falcon Futura is fantastic for it's age and price. Cheap as hell to run. Cheap as hell to buy. Reliable and Powerful.

(not mine in the photo though)

Sucks that I'll have to switch to Mustang for the same V6-8 power though.

RIP the Australian Car Manufacturing Industry.....
Godstud wrote:Nice ride, Cartertonian! I just had my Kawasaki Versys 650 (2011) all refurbished for the new year(new tires, brakes and a fault int he electrical fixed).

My new car. 2017 Ford Focus S. My first car in about 5 years.

I am extremely happy with it! It's quick, roomy and has all the latest gadgets. It's also different from most of the other cars because it's not black, white, silver, or grey. Those are the predominant colours for cars here, so I can find my car in a parking lot at a glance. :D

What the fuck man, I thought you were getting a Focus ST?!?!?

I almost got a Focus ST, and then decided on the GTI I posted. The FoST is faster than my GTI, but my GTI is more practical, and I think the interrior is better looking.

You cannot get the Focus ST here, so I had to make do. Apparently, the bigger engines are not being allowed in Thailand because they are trying to keep engine sizes down for environmental concerns. The bastards!

It's still OK, in the HP department, but I'd rather have had the ST. Great car, nonetheless.
Don't waste your money, MistyTiger. SUVs aren't any better in winter, and are over-priced for what you get. 4 wheel drive doesn't perform better than 2 wheel drive, unless you're off-roading.

I had a 4 wheel drive for 2 years when I worked in the oil fields of Northern BC and AB, and never needed it(truck had it, though).

If you want your car to perform better in winter, then winter tires are what you want.
Godstud wrote:You cannot get the Focus ST here, so I had to make do. Apparently, the bigger engines are not being allowed in Thailand because they are trying to keep engine sizes down for environmental concerns. The bastards!

It's still OK, in the HP department, but I'd rather have had the ST. Great car, nonetheless.

That's odd, I thought the regular focus used a 2.0L. Is it not? or is it like a 1.8?
I like the feeling of sitting higher up when I drive a RAV4 or when I used to drive an Explorer. I prefer small SUVs, not good at maneuvering long tail vehicles.

I appreciate your feedback. It will be many years until I will need to buy a new car. My silver still runs fine.
Rancid wrote:That's odd, I thought the regular focus used a 2.0L. Is it not? or is it like a 1.8?
Focus S has a 1.55 L turbocharged engine, with 180 hp.

The ST has a 2L, 250 hp engine, and the RS a 2.5L, 350 hp engine
Godstud wrote: Focus S has a 1.55 L turbocharged engine, with 180 hp.

The ST has a 2L, 250 hp engine, and the RS a 2.5L, 350 hp engine

1.55??? YUCK!!!

Yea, the 2L + Turbo combo is very popular. My GTI is a 2L turbo.
Yep, but you cannot get those engines here, sadly.

A VW GTI is almost impossible to get here, and would cost roughly double, if you could. Import taxes are brutal!
If I was to get a brand new 4.0l V6 or V8 Sedan(or coupe) Ford, I would have to buy a Mustang right guys?

Or is Mondeo V6/V8?

If I went a smaller Ford, Id probably get a Fiesta.

I drove a Ford Festiva once(loam car while my first Falcon was being repaired because someone hit the front Driver's door and dented it bad) a few years back and liked it. The Fiesta is pretty much the new version of it.
Fiesta ST is great if you can get it. A small car with 200 hp. One of the hottest hatchbacks around.
I installed this today.

It's called a dogbone/torque arm insert. It limits the forward and backwards movement of the engine when accelerating and shifting gears. The affect of having this on is two parts:

- Shifting feels more precise and smooth. It's much easier to get a smooth shift going now.
- Wheel hop is reduced. This means I get more traction, which means I get more acceleration.

The negative:
- I get in cabin vibration when idle. However, it's supposed to go away after about 1000 miles, once the insert is broken in.
- I get significant vibration when in reverse. This vibration will lessen but never go away. I think it's acceptable, as I don't drive to work in reverse.
Decky wrote:Can your car jump up and down now?

God damn you!!!

Well, actually, this modification makes the car much more planted, so it's quite the opposite really.
I recently blew a head gasket and had to get it repaired. My 4runner only has 150k miles though and the repairs cost $1200. There's not much I could have got for $1200 and certainly nothing that's likely to last another 100k miles.

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]