Your Four Wheeled ride..... - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Your Four Wheel-Drive ride.....?

Behold!

Cartertonian's new steed.

Series 2 Land Rover Discovery, 2.5 turbo diesel automatic, 7 seats. 0-60 is crap, as you'd expect, but rolling acceleration is stunning. Off-road, I've yet to find anything I can't tackle, particularly since I've had the transfer box serviced and the gearbox oil changed. Goes anywhere (and believe me, I've taken it anywhere!) and drives on the road like a tank on steroids! Get outta the way! Cartertonian comin' thru!
I'm hoping I got a good one.

This is my second 'Disco'. I had a late Series 1 from 2001 to 2006 and we loved it dearly. This Series 2 is impressive, but for a down 'n' dirty spanner-twirler like me, there are too many 'trick' electronic things to go wrong for my tastes. For example, the first whiff I get of problems with the air suspension and I'll be converting it to springs in short order.

Meanwhile, in other news, it might interest you (with your background) to know that I am shortly to take up a new appointment as course leader for Anglia Ruskin University's new MSc in Military and Veterans Mental Health.

Noooo...

I'd been for a couple of interviews for posts in Dundee, but didn't get either of 'em. I'm trying to keep a sense of proportion about the new job, but it seems almost tailor-made for me and, indeed, I have a sneaking suspicion I was head-hunted for it, since to the best of my knowledge I'm the only person in the country who has extensive and current experience of military mental health AND bona fide educational qualifications and experience.

The old aphorism about, 'it's not what you know, it's who you know', may also factor, since the Prof whose brain-child this course is, is an old mate of mine.

The Qatzs four wheels of hatred. (New one of mine)
Nice Rover Cart. Put a God Save the Queen sticker on it and then it will be perfect.

Ooh, I am going to the way back machine for this drive and featuring all my rides from my first driving license.

16 years old:

17 years old:

21 years old:

21 years old:

23 years old:

25 years old:

26 years old:

32 years old:

40 years old:

41 years old:

43 years old:

51 years old:

54 years old:

The one I want back:

The one I am probably going to get back:

There is a loophole in the USA for cars to be imported as grey market imports. If they are at least 25 years old, none of the automobile regulations in the USA are applicable to the vehicle. Any vehicle can enter the USA as long as it is 25 years old. I want that Nissan S-Cargo back. Look at the interior:

It's a very fun ride.

I'm also anxious for the Nissan Figaro which becomes allowed in the USA in a couple of years:

My next car is going to be either a Mini Cooper, or a Dodge Nitro.

But a new Ford Falcon would also be nice....

I love the V6 engine. Think I'll get a Mini(or Beetle, or a Ford Fiesta) next and keep my old Falcon till another V6 takes my fancy.
My next new ride:

I'd rahter have this, but not very easy to haul stuff around on
4 wheels are for pussies who can't drive on 2. I have two bikes, so technically, that's 4 wheels.
Actually, my landrover is a compromise deal with Mrs Cartertonian who didn't want me to have another motorbike. I've had a full bike licence for 28 years now and she's not got a problem with my ability to ride, but rather she doesn't trust the other idiots (mostly car drivers) on the road.

My last bike was one of these:

Previous to that I'd had a couple of the air-cooled 750 GPzs.
Lol... I was somewhat right....

I did get a newer 2003 BA Ford Falcon(LPG dual fuel Futura model).

I had a really shitty Mazda 626 Stationwagon inbetween though. Damn it that car was a fuck up.

Never got to supercharge the EF though. Sadly. And I stupidly got rid of the car when I moved interstate.

Thanks for bumping my thread. I think I created a second thread when I got my BA Falcon. Maybe the mods should merge it into this one too.
Here's my car:

I don't race, but those are racing wheels. They each weight 5lbs less than the stock wheels, and are .5in wider. I get a little more grip, and a little better steering response.

My next mod will be slotted rotors and upgrade brake pads. After that I intend to put in a torque arm insert, and possibly a turbo muffler delete and intake.

The one thing I would love to do, but probably will never do, is put in a stronger clutch, and then get a tune that adds 100HP.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'd be totally happy for us to send ground troop i[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]