Just a poor slob in his Winnebago - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

So I've decided to buy this Winnebago and use it as my primary means of transportation:

By sticking a "hybrid" sticker on it and bribing the guy at my department of transportation office, I can get a $7,500 rebate for a "flex-fuel or hybrid" vehicle.

If it works and I get the rebate, I'm going to use a thousand dollars of the money to have the emissions control equipment removed. My black-market mechanic tells me I can increase the fuel economy from 2 all the way to 3 or 4 miles per gallon if I remove the emissions control equipment.

I plan on keeping a few bicycles tied to the back of the SUV but never using them. I need to stay in air conditioning all summer, so I'll be doing a lot of aimless driving just to stay cool. I also intend on leaving the air conditioning on full-blast even when I'm not inside the vehicle so that a cold vehicle is waiting for me when I get back from, say, a two week vacation in Croatia.

Sure, people have criticized me for this guilty pleasure, but after all, I'm just one person. One person isn't going to make a difference as to whether we all go extinct and the planet explodes. I'm insignificant.

If you want to go after someone, go after China. China uses a thousand times more fuel than I do, and no one tries to change China.

I'm just a poor slob in a Winnebago.

soundtrack
My plan is to remain in Florida as long as Mom's around. At 85, she's already the oldest living women ever in her family (that we're aware of) and, from all appearances, she'll live to a ripe old age of 115.

But when she departs this earthly plane, I'm hittin' the road. I'd love to buy a Prevost (think rock star tour bus), but there are a of of back roads in this country which can't accommodate one of those, and back roads will comprise a large segment of my route wherever I decide to travel.

So, I'm probably going to opt for a smaller , more manageable option, a Mercedes Sprinter. I buddy of mine who lives in Idaho has one and he's got it tricked out with every imaginable option to make it as comfortable to live in as possible.

For right around $70,000 you can get one that's pretty dialed in...

@BigSteve You're falling for a Qatzelok troll thread. He hates all automobiles and he's being sarcastic about pretty much everything. He's a primitivist. Don't engage him, as he won't reply to you, as he can't formulate an argument to support such an extreme position.
Godstud wrote:@BigSteve You're falling for a Qatzelok troll thread. He hates all automobiles and he's being sarcastic about pretty much everything. He's a primitivist. Don't engage him, as he won't reply to you, as he can't formulate an argument to support such an extreme position.

Oh, I'm well aware.

I just thought I'd point his thread in an entirely different, yet absolutely related, direction...
ness31 wrote:So in both these scenarios, what we’re describing is a middle aged bachelor?

Pretty much.

I turned 57 last week. I'm quite secure financially and, with the exception of some magazine and portrait work I do as a photographer, I'm retired. I've got the time and the means, so why not?
ness31 wrote:The American Incel ;)

I admit, I had to look that up.

But, hardly.

I won't be on the road alone...
BigSteve wrote:I admit, I had to look that up.

But, hardly.

Well then your scenario and Qatz’s are very different indeed ;)
ness31 wrote:Well then your scenario and Qatz’s are very different indeed ;)

Extremely different.
First of all, he's thinking of buying a much smaller mobile home.
Secondly, he hasn't mentioned removing the wasteful emissions control equipment.

The average number of people inside my 60 foot long Winnebago will be 0.3 as I plan to leave in running all the time, but only be inside it about a third of the time.

I never pick up hitch-hikers because I don't trust strangers, and feel like there must be something wrong with anyone who isn't driving a massive motor home.

It's like Margaret Thatcher once said: "If you're not driving a humongous motor home by the time you're 40, you should consider yourself a loser." She was an incel herself, so she never made it about "getting laid," just about "having big stuff to make others jealous."

I sense that a lot of the "incel" accusations are coming from people whose Winnebagos are much smaller than mine.
QatzelOk wrote:Extremely different.

First of all, he's thinking of buying a much smaller mobile home.

Just for ease of maneuverability. A Prevost won't go where I want to go.

Then again, I could always get one for those long, interstate road trips to Sturgis...

Secondly, he hasn't mentioned removing the wasteful emissions control equipment.

Nah, I'm not mechanically handy like that. I can pay people to do that if it becomes a thing for me...
BigSteve wrote:I admit, I had to look that up.

But, hardly.

Don't worry, i am younger than you and i had to look a lot of acronyms in the last 1-2 years which seem to all come from imaginations of the internet. (INCEL, MGTOWS, etc) I guess this is how my parents felt like when terms such as "LOL", or "ROFL" were appearing....
I just got back from buying Q-tips from a drugstore in the outer suburbs. Q-tips were on sale for 10% off at a distant mall, so even though it was a 45 minute drive, I saved money.

When I got out of the drugstore with my double-plastic-bag wrapped purchase, there was some douchebag there complaining that I had parked on top of two handicapped spaces.

I told the guy that I had no choice, that my vehicle doesn't squeeze into one handicapped parking spot. I then called the police as he was waving a very dangerous looking metal cane at me while he spoke.

Where in the world do they find these weirdos? Seriously, the guy was so intolerant that I'm thinking of suing him for committing a hate crime against Winnebago-owners.

Confessions extracted under torture...seems legit.[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]