The Impreza: the Korean connection - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Here is the new Impreza, and it looks like a cheapo Hyundai with a star-sprangled logo on the radiator grill. They've suppressed the Sportwagon version and replaced it with a hatchback, and I ask the question: since when do soccer moms drive Subarus?

The Sedan version isn't that bad compared to the hatch, but still it's such a huge step backwards compared to the manly, tortured looks of the old ones..

Here's the complete photo galleries:

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/imprezanew/
http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/subaruimpreza/
By Doomhammer
Dis-fucking-gusting

"Go to the dust bin of history!"
By licepuppet
I was very disappointed when I first saw the new third generation Impreza. Subaru has a image to maintain and when they come out with something this plain and ugly it doesn't live up to the Subaru which we have come to know and love.

My guess is that Subaru does a swift redesign of the Impreza like they did with the Tribeca.
By Adrien
Except the Tribeca's first iteration had style. Maybe it was weird, but at least it was expressive and gave it a personnality. With the new model, they're making it look like a Korean car too.

For having now seen the new Impreza in the flesh, I confirm my first judgment, it looks like a Hyundai Accent escaped of 1996.. I hope it drives really really well.
By licepuppet
From what I've read the new Impreza has just as good if not better performance compared to older models. But you're right, it does look much like a Hyundai. :knife:
By Notorious B.i.G.
I have to admit, it has grown on me. I hate the old Impreza, it was ugly, I thought the new one was ugly too, but now it does loook good. Esspecially the WRC concept.

By casper77
Subaru WRX STI 2008

Looking fine, the back has something from Lexus. In all much better looking than the old one, and also getting more power at fewer weight.

Japanese brochure

By War Angel
A Sedan design is stupid and impractical - nearly all cars should be bullet-shaped, like a hatchback.

I like the new design.
By Ben Overmyer
The Impreza has never been, and never will be, as stylish as a Nissan Skyline of the same year.

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]