Chinese cars - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Kiroff
I'm to lazy to do this by myself so let's all post pics of Chinese cars, and their stats for the lulz, especially safety.
By Adrien

Brilliance BS6, 1 out of 5 stars at EuroNCAP.
By Notorious B.i.G.
I think Chinese cars are crap.

But play devils advocate, Adrien, you should know that EuroNCAP doesn't mean shit. EuroNCAP was conceived (mainly) during the 1990s when crash mitigation technology was in it's relative infancy. ENCAP pays very little to things like ESP and DSC, also it does not include their crash avoidance capability within its scoring system. This despite expert agreement that ESP and 'rank' number two with vehicle safety. Seatbelt being number 1.

So this car may be safer than EuroNCAP makes it out to be.

Shame it is still a shit car

:)
By Adrien
Simsydav wrote:What speed was that at adrien?

Holy fuck

It was a test at only 64 km/h.. Here are the photos and here is a video of the crash.

Notorious BIG wrote:But play devils advocate, Adrien, you should know that EuroNCAP doesn't mean shit.

Yeah, I know that EuroNCAP tests are controversial, for the reasons you point out, and also the fact that it's easy to get an extra star just by having the car come standard with a fluorescent triangle in the trunk for instance. So yes it's fairly certain these tests should be reformed, but what matters in the case of the Brilliance is that all cars are judged by the same standards.

So if it only gets 1 star out of 5 when its competitors pretty much all get 5, or 4 at worst, no matter how safe the Chinese could be in absolute terms, it remains in relative terms frighteningly more dangerous than our regular cars, which already don't make everybody get out of an accident alive.

I know I don't want to see cars like that on my roads...

:hmm:
By Kiroff
Shit, that's scary. Hell, an Oka is safer. Any others besides the Chery, and the Jiangling?
By GodSpeed
That car is awesome. The steering wheel actually decapitates the driver. It got zero stars. I was working at Nissan when this thing came out doing body structure. We spent the whole day laughing at this thing.
By Kiroff
I heard that with the Chery Amulet that you posted the crash dummy's legs had to be cut off for it to be taken out. :eek:
By Adrien
:|

Anyway, here is another Chinese delicacy: the Shuanghuan (bless you) Sceo. I don't have the crash test vid of this one but it's funny enough to just look at it: it's a copy of a BMW X5 and Toyota Land Cruiser. Hum.

The rear with the X5 on the right for comparison:

The front, ala Toyota:

And the dashboard, with the Toyota like central console and a BMW dashboard. Take a look at the "leather" "upholstery" on the seats.. hum.
By Muck
The video of the Chery is bizarre. It looks like they didnt even try to build in any crumple zones. The Brilliance BS6 obviously failed because it had two children in the back.
By Adrien
Oh, I forgot to add that this 'SUV' weighs 1.7 ton, and is powered by a 2.4L four cylinder delivering a whooping 140hp and a frightening 140 Nm of torque (103 Lb/feet). Max speed is announced at 160 kilometers per hour.

By Thunderhawk
Aside from the "leather" part of the interrior.. and probably subpar plastic material, and possibly carcinogenic paints, I rather like the look of the interrior.

Just as the Japanese took some of the best style lines from American and Europeans, the Chinese have also copied the looks that work. Now if only they could copy the quality and safety parts aswell..
By Adrien
Aside from the "leather" part of the interrior.. and probably subpar plastic material, and possibly carcinogenic paints, I rather like the look of the interrior.

Well eh the design of the dashboard was copy-pasted from the Land Cruiser.. (while the steering wheel is BMW's)

But eh, with a crappy upholstery, horrid plastics and indeed dangerous paints and trim elements, there's not much left to appreciate in this interior..

Just as the Japanese took some of the best style lines from American and Europeans, the Chinese have also copied the looks that work. Now if only they could copy the quality and safety parts aswell..

There is a difference between just taking inspiration from current trends like the Japs did in the beginning (before going up their own way even if it meant the competing for the blandest of all bland designs) and just blatantly copy pasting entire designs.

I could show more proof with the rip-off they did of several other cars, from Smart, Renault, Mercedes, Audi, Fiat, Toyota ...
By Unperson-S
Eugh I hate chinese food. Except rice, that is good.
By Adrien
Attica, I disapprove of your sig.

*cues remark from fellow Notorious BIG*
By Attica
How does one disapprove of the Efijy? It is pure beauty. 8)

I don't understand how one cannot like Chinese food either. Have you tried ALL Chinese food? Or that crap in a tray from a plaza/shopping centre food court? :eh:
By Notorious B.i.G.
*cues remark from fellow Notorious BIG*

haha, what remark? That Fords are better then Holdens? Well they are, it's just a given.

How does one disapprove of the Efijy? It is pure beauty

How true. I so wish the would actually produce the Efijy.
This is an area where Holden does better than Ford, their concept cars are head and shoulders above.

. Have you tried ALL Chinese food? Or that crap in a tray from a plaza/shopping centre food court?

Isn't that a problem! People claim they don't like a type of food, because all they've had is the barstardised western version of it.

I hate chinese food. Except rice,

Hmm, well that might have to do with the fact that rice isn't chinese food...

And it was also debunked.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]