What Do You Drive? - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By guzzipat

This is my ride, fully loaded waiting at Dover Docks for the boat to France.
By josephdphillips
I own a 2009 Honda Gold Wing GL1800, a 2006 Honda Accord and a 2001 Toyota Tacoma pickup. All paid-for.
By Notorious B.i.G.
[quote="Zagadka]1984 Mercedes 190-e[/quote]
That is a very nice car. I got a chance to drive one once. Also my favourite car on Gran Turismo 4.
However I think the car looks better in black.
By SouthBeirut
2005 E320 Mercedes Benz - Sold
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Going to pick it up in Miami on 09/03.

SUV's rule ! Especially in Lebanon's caotic and angry traffic where only the strong prevails :D . No more being hit by some Saudi Nissan Armada because he didn't see me :) .
By Clann
By Adrien
Nice.

I don't have a car, but I've been tooling with the Bentley online configurator and made the most beautiful example of Arnage. Sigh.
By Todd D.
I drive a 2005 Hyundai Tiburon

Damn thing gets surprisingly awesome gas mileage for a V6. I put a K&N filter in there, and now I get roughly 30 on the highway, 26 on the street.
By Clann
Mines a 2.2 Type S, wanted a type R but it sucks the juice. I'm getting about 40 or so mpg overall.
By noemon
In the UK, a 1996 Land Rover Discovery 300 Tdi:

In Elafonisos Greece, a 2001 4.0 lt. Wrangler Sahara in all brown and without the bling wheels.

And in Athens Greece, I drive my family's 2005 Cayenne S
By franfran
2007 Holden Astra:

By Clann
Take it that's the aussie Vauxhall/opel?
By Adrien
Yep, but with the shenanigans concerning Opel/Vauxhall it has been put on hold from the Holden line-up a couple of weeks ago.
By QatzelOk
I drive a 2010 Buick Riviera which is hydrogen powered.

It only uses half a cup of water each day to take me the 300 km from my bungalow to my downtown office tower.

So as long as I can get water...
By hannu
QatzelOk wrote:I drive a 2010 Buick Riviera which is hydrogen powered.

Is it rear wheel drive? It looks very nice but I've come to realise that all that glitters is not gold.

Riviera has a Nice, Monte Carlo'ish sound to it.

Did you know that Prince Ranier of Monaco was a sheet metal working hobbyist?
By Adrien
If it ever makes it to production, and it's unlikely given GM's posture so I guess this concept as well as the Invicta will just remain sources of inspiration to the upcoming 2010 LaCrosse/Allure and next-gen Lucerne, it probably won't be RWD. Bob Lutz before leaving had made it clear that the RWD program of GM of America would end with the now-dead G8 and the Camaro. It survives in Australia and Korea though, ironically.

As to the nameplate I totally agree they have a ring to it these old names that the newer ones invented nowadays don't really have. Riviera, Monte-Carlo, Thunderbird, Continental, ... Sigh. Oh why, why did Lincoln fall to the stupid rule of renaming their cars MK-something! I blame you Bill Ford!

For Prince Rainier I didn't know but Monaco is intertwined with automobile.
By franfran
Clann wrote:Take it that's the aussie Vauxhall/opel?

Yes it is but it appears that the combined effects of exchange rate fluctuations and the troubles that GM is having worldwide have meant that 2009 is the end of the line for the Astra. It has been replaced in the Holden line-up with the Holden Cruze, which is sourced from Korea at present, but there are apparently plans to eventually produce it locally. The Cruze has been in the showrooms for a month or two now and it looks a much better car than the now thankfully discontinued Holden Viva, which was a rebadged Daewoo, although whether the Cruze has matched the quality of the Astra I don't know.

I think the early Astras were made by Opel in Germany, but mine was built in the Opel factory in Belgium. The Holden Astra is identical to the Vauxhall and the Opel Astra (although obviously the Opel has the steering wheel on the wrong side ;) ). I rented a Vauxhall Astra when I was on holiday in Scotland a couple of years ago and found it a very nice car to drive. My experience with the Vauxhall was partly responsible for my decision to buy the car.

Mine's a five speed manual by the way.

If you want to check out what the replacement Cruze is like, here's a link:
http://www.carsales.com.au/reviews/2009/small-passenger/holden/cruze/holden-cruze-15207
By Huntster
A silver 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.

And a 1989 Dodge 3/4 ton Cummins 4x4.

The wife drives a 2007 AWD Toyota Sienna.

If it isn't 4x4 or AWD (with studded tires in winter), I'm not interested. Over half the year we're driving on ice.
By Dr House
QatzelOk wrote:Image

Holy fuck, that actually looks like something I'd drive.

Huntster wrote:Over half the year we're driving on ice.

That's what you get for living in the People's Republic of Canada. :p
By Huntster
That's what you get for living in the People's Republic of Canada.

I live in Alaska. We're not completely socialized yet, but we're not far off.

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Only Zionists believe that bollocks and you lot ar[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]