What Do You Drive? - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Zagadka
Still drive my 1984 Mercedes 190e, still a perfectly good car. I mean, some stuff doesn't work, just like dome light and a window doesn't roll down, but the sucker still has plenty of kick 0-60 (maybe no as good as a sports car, but I frequently pass people getting onto a freeway), awesome response and steering. 220,000 miles on it and it roars.
By QatzelOk
By jaycola
My Daily Driver. It's ugly but I need the space. It's the smallest 7 seater I could get. 2004 Buick Rendesvous

My old toy. My first car.
I've had it since new. 1985 Trans Am.
Last of the Carburated 305 V8s. Mine is nicer, T_top and different rims but this is pretty well it.

This is my wife's car. She let's me drive it if she's picking up stuff from the garden centre or is taking the dogs for a grooming and needs my car.
By War Angel
You let your wife drive a convertible Mercedes, while you drive around a sluggish kiddie-carrier?

D00d, you need to switch cars! :lol:

(Unless she's the main money-maker and the more avid driver between you, in which case, never mind)
By danholo
I got lucky today and heard that I'll be driving one of these for the next two months:

I hope it's good and the customers are happy. Otherwise I really don't drive. Like Dagoth, I've been riding my bike though. It's nice!
By War Angel
I hope it's good and the customers are happy.
\
You're a taxi driver? :eh: I... hate you and pity you at the same time. How different are the Israeli maniacs from the Finnish road-gentlemen, though? :D
By I Killed Keynes
2010 Mazdaspeed3 UK spec. Except now I am unable to drive due to my E binge which caused my vision to blow.
By danholo
You're a taxi driver?

Yup, unfortunately. Hey, it can be good fun at times, and you meet the weirdest people, but I get bored quickly.

I... hate you and pity you at the same time.

Hate me? Why? Pity I can understand, but it's not that horrible. It's a good job.

How different are the Israeli maniacs from the Finnish road-gentlemen, though?

Finnish taxis are a breed of their own. Strictly regulated, and very demanding requirements and rules for drivers e.g., I'm not allowed to speak unless spoken to, I'm not allowed to talk on the phone, and I'm certainly not allowed to yell. This is a far cry from the charlatan taxi drivers in TAmetro area or in Jerusalem, where this cab driver was yelling "maniak" at the top of his lungs at every intersection. Scary. Oh, yeah, and it's super expensive too. At night, the mere starter fee is €8.30 now, and 1.39/km. When I started it was 6.60, 1.11/km, in 2005. At day time the starter fee is 5.30. In other words, I can't afford riding a taxi, but working in one, yeah.
By noemon
Gave away my Land Rover Discovery '96 and got a Saab 9-3 Aero '04.

I am missing the space, but driving this, kind of makes up for it.

So how's the Merc working out for you Danholo? Mind-blowing S-power?
By Pants-of-dog

Except my handlebars are different.
By QatzelOk

Except I left that milk container in a bus station on my way to Quebec City.
By Section Leader
Currently, my only transport is a sturdy pair of 1970s NVA jackboots.

But I hope to get my grubby paws on the keys to one of these within the next 12 months (don't you dare laugh)

By rawsiefilnredom
I drive this:

It is a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt. Mine is as basic as basic comes; manual transmission, manual windows, manual door locks, etc.

I bought it brand new at $14,000.00ish.

I hate it.

But I also love it.

I'd prefer either of my two bikes, but where I live, riding bikes to get anywhere just isn't feasible.
By Rancid
I still have the 2000 Corolla I posted about.

However, I just got a 2009 Camry which is replacing my wife's 92 prelude.
By FamilyMan
1997 Ford Ranger (red) when I'm at home, but since I'm living at school for 8 or 9 months out of the year, I mostly walk or take the bus in the rare occasion I have to travel more than a couple miles.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]