Probably buying myself a Mitsubishi Magna VRX - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

I've finally saved enough cash to get myself a nice car. Currently I'm thinking of buying myself a TJ Mitsubishi Magna VRX (2000-2003). Of course they are large cars and have a 3.5 engine, but I'm sure at my current and future situation, i can easily pay for petrol. If needed, i'll unfortunately convert it to LPG gas.

Many of you outside of Australia wont know what this car is so i'll show you some images to give you an idea. Tell me what you people think.

Note: the body kit and rims are a standard part of the VRX

By Dr House
Not bad.

I'd go with an Evo myself, though.

The gen X model looks gnarly.

-Dr house :smokin:
By Il Duce
Because I can! I've been driving large cars since i first had my licence!

The evo is rather nice, but too pricy for me at the moment.
By Dr House
How much does it go for down under?

-Dr House :smokin:
By Il Duce
2005 evos go for like $40,000, while ones that are built in the mid 90's may range from $10,000-$15,000.

The VRX I'm aiming for ranges from $10,000-$15,000. I might get a sports model instead which is slightly cheaper and does not have all that fancy stuff.

Oh and in Australia we generally refer to lancers as 'chick cars' except for the evo models.
By Adrien
So basically it's a Galant, Kilgore?

In any case, as an Australian you just lost my respect for not getting a big-ass Ford of the kind we surely don't get in Old Europe.
By Le Rouge
I'm probably getting this:
2002 Honda Civic

My gas mileage > your gas mileage
By Il Duce
Adrien, it is like the Galant but more equivalent to the Diamante.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Diamante

Oh and i have been driving big arse fords all my life. I've driven a 1991 Ford Falcon EB, 1995 Ford Falcon EF and a 2006 Ford Falcon BF (Which is my dads of course). I want something different for a change.

As for Honda Civics, i think they're frickin ugly.
By Rampant
Kilgore I'm about to sell my TJ Exec - would rather keep it than the Camry I'm driving now but the Camry comes with free petrol.

If you're in Melb and still looking send me a PM, I need to get rid of it fairly quickly because it's being garaged at a friends place so it'll be a decent price

Oh and yeah the 3.5's are REALLY heavy on petrol, though I wouldn't advise conversion to LPG, too much wear on the car and the cost of LPG these days means you need to be driving for a really long time to make up the conversion costs - a TJ Magna isn't going to be on the road long enough
By Dave
Maxim Litvinov wrote:Why would you get such a large car?

that's not a very large car at all
By hannu
If it aint rear wheel drive don't bother.

How can you have a decent skid if it ain't rwd?
By Muck
If it aint rear wheel drive don't bother.

QFMFT.

What do you drive?
By hannu
Currently out of RWD's I'm afraid.

The last two I had were Toyota AE86's but they rot over here in the UK. Not very powerful, but they're light, reliable & handle well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0hRzpZyJlU

I'm looking for something small RWD with 200bhp that does over 40 to the gallon but the only thing on offer is a BM1 series as far as I can see?
By Muck
OMFG!!

A good friend had an AE86. It was the nuts. He scrapped it, because it was as rotten as Paris Hiltons fanny, and gearboxes were becoming non existent. Its a shame, and he beats himself up about it all the time. He got an AW11 instead, and we've just put a Japanese supercharged lump in. 0-60 in about 5.5 according to his Veypor. Id guess the rarer it becomes, the more box/diff conversions will become available. Im trying to talk him into getting another from carontrack.com, but he seems fairly set on the AW11 now. :(
By Adrien
Oxy, see the response he made to my question a couple posts above.

;)

We don't have a big Mitsu sedan in France anymore, the last big-ish one was the poorly named Charisma and it was a total commercial failure.

Anyway, RWD isn't super fashionable these days given the focus on fuel efficiency and 'compactness'. But while I was thinking about all that, I thought that if I could have a big RWD piece of mechanical beauty, while disregarding the cost of fuel, I'd go for something even bigger and more 'out of my way, hippies'.

A Bentley Mulsanne Turbo for instance.
By Il Duce
Thanks for mentioning the TJ executive Rampant but i strictly want either a sports or VRX model.

Oh and trust me, for a FWD the Magna does perform good.
By franfran
Just wondering, did you end up getting one? My partner has had a 1990 Magna since new and, although it's a four rather than a six, it's a good reliable car. In fact if I needed something a bit bigger than what I have (a Holden Astra) I'd probably be looking for a good used Mitsubishi 380. It's a shame that Mitsubishi stopped making them.

Please provide it again. You have no problem aski[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It has already been explained that this type of co[…]

Sure, keep thinking that. Election year is caus[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Again: nope. Putin in Feb 2022 only decided ... […]