Smart Cars - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Dr House
It might.

I dunno if it does, I can only guarantee the Internet does.

-Dr House :smokin:
By sploop!
The Prius just exposes you as a shallow nitwit.

PBVBROOK has a Prius.
By Erebus
They're extremely common here, I see them every time I'm down town.

They're nothing special, other than the fact that they will find a parking spot more easily than a person driving a Volvo or so.
By Notorious B.i.G.
1) I reckon the smart jumped the start, if not the Ferrari
driver was a spaz and got bogged down of the line.

2) That is no standard smart
By Adrien
Certainly not a standard Smart no. It has to be a weirdly modified Smart that is now only good for drag racing actually, even the Brabus ones weren't known to be uber fast.
By Notorious B.i.G.
Easily. Here in Melbourne a few weeks ago a Ferrari driver wrapped his Ferrari around a light pole. He was a spaz. It was a strait piece of road. Just because you have money doesn't mean you have class, or know how to drive.
By Thunderhawk
A friend and I were discussing this video.

The conclusion is either the Vid was staged, edited, or the Ferrari driver was a fool.

The Smart car is probaby 1/4 to 1/3 lighter then the Ferrari, but it is not as aero dynamic (I think..), so they would both still need comparable engine power.

However, what engine could you put into that Smart car physically? - it is a small frame.

Thus, we are of the opinion that either the competition was staged (the Ferrari holding back) or that the Ferrari driver was a fool in some way (to soft on the pedal, abused low end engine with bad fuel, gunk in the engine/fuel line and stuffed air intake, etc..).
By sploop!
Another Vid - the Hayabusa mentioned by Muck. I really want one of these babies!

EDIT: One more... Vid
By sad59yearold
Who but a bloody idiot would want to drive a car that is capable of speeds in excess of 150 mph, when there isn't a country anywhere in the world with speed limits that liberal? It can only be a case of 'Oh look at my penis substitute'.
By Douglas
when there isn't a country anywhere in the world with speed limits that liberal?

Actually...... there are.
By Dr House
Thunderhawk wrote:The Smart car is probaby 1/4 to 1/3 lighter then the Ferrari, but it is not as aero dynamic (I think..), so they would both still need comparable engine power.

Not unless it's top speed you're after, which it isn't in the quarter-mile. Below ~120-140 mph a car's drag coefficient has little effect on its performance.
By Thunderhawk
After 10 seconds it should be ~100 mph, ~130 mph at the end.
Drag will be a factor. Though not much of one for most of the run, it should start being a notable factor later on where mid power low weight cars suffer compared to high power heavy cars.

Im not sure if it would make up for the difference I mentioned as Im to lazy to crunch the numbers.

Though I still believe the Ferrari driver dropped the ball.
By MistyTiger
How many people would buy a Smart car over a Ferrari? Ferrari's are better looking.
By Thunderhawk
Ferrari f430, the most common Ferrari sold: ~ $200k USD

smarts are ~$25k USD

edit: whoops!
Last edited by Thunderhawk on 27 May 2009 05:52, edited 1 time in total.
By Dr House
Thunderhawk wrote:Ferrari f430, the most common Ferrari sold: ~ $200 USD

DAAAAAAAMN I'm getting myself one of those tomorrow.
By Thunderhawk
:lol:

Fixed.
BRICS will fail

BRICS involves one of several configurations emplo[…]

So you do justify October 7, but as I said lack th[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]