No Bikes On The Sidewalk - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Eauz
Yesterday, I spoke with the local police and they informed me that riding your bike on the side of the road was not allowed, however, I did not hear that it was illegal. They classify bikes as motorised vehicles and for that reason, they should be on the roads.

However, if there is that big of a difference between speed and acceleration and don't want bikes on the sidewalks, why won't the city build bike lanes? I don't ride my bike to work, however, I have heard horror stories of how vehicles are knocking the riders over. Anyway, from what I have heard from a co-worker that was hit once, is that the government insurance will end up paying for any accidents with vehicles and bicycles. Isn't this a waste of money that could go to making bicyclists safer by having better bike paths?

Anyway... just a rant.
By amanamuse
Good article in the WSJ on this today with San Francisco's issues with bike lanes.
By Abood
I've cycled on sidewalks before. No one ever told me anything. It's just hard to get through pedestrians sometimes.
By QatzelOk
Just cycle wherever it is safer for you.

I realize that bikes on the sidewalks are inconvenient for pedestrians. But the thing is, in some cases, biking on the roads can be fatal.

So until bikes are protected from cars, they can go on the sidewalks to escape death-by-car.

Anyone who would force cyclists onto the road to be killed needs to be reprogrammed.

Harvey Weinstein's conviction, for alleged "r[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is pleasurable to see US university students st[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 27, Saturday More women to do German war w[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]