How can social - democracy be developed aorund the world? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

As either the transitional stage to communism or legitimate socio-economic ends in its own right.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Firstly hi to everyone.

I wonder that how we can cope with capitalism and neo - liberalism in our country. In my country revolution is not easy way to conflict with destroying effects of capitalism and neo - liberal politics. People are not ready for this and when you try to talk about revolution, huge ratio of the people are escaping from you.

Which ways do you perefer to defeat capitalism, neo - liberal politics and their bad effects in your country except that revolution? How type of efforts can we apply? How can we fire the communities to start cope with capitalism and liberalism?
By signelect
I am not sure that Social Democracy is but I do know that while we are all created equal we don't all turn out that way. While the US has done a lot of things that are wrong we have done more right things than any other country. If you are a social democrat move to France. By the way they would be speaking German today if it wasn't for use.
By Julian
What ways are used to establish social democracy

here some -

* informal or formal discussion groups to promote collective decision making
* practical demonstrations of collaboration (co-ops, cooperatives, charities)
* Trade Unions
* campaigning for democratically elected goverments with manifesto's based on equality and social justice
* laws which encourage wider participation in the governance of Communities and Companies
* welfare provision which brings into active political life people who were previously too poor to be able to contribute
* international movenments for peace and cooperation
By Leon Trotsky
As soon as todays "social democrats" are in government, their lines melt together with that of the rightwing people, like the SPD supporting extreme social cuts in Germany (Agenda 2010)

and yeah. They are mostly sponsored by big business, undermining their credibility. (Yet lots of people still buy into their propaganda. And some people say politics aren't about having the most money...)

By the way its funny how over here in Europe the people you call "liberal" are extreme right wingers, while in America they're the left.(And somewhat social-democratic) Wtf.

Social democrats are mainly sellouts, traitors, whatever - you name it.
By Negotiator
peterpan0090 wrote: Which ways do you perefer to defeat capitalism, neo - liberal politics and their bad effects in your country except that revolution?
There will be a revolution whenever a critical mass of people can no longer stand the current situation.

Before that point, all you can do is keep explaining, clarifying, enlighten people about political alternatives to the current policies.

signelect wrote: I am not sure that Social Democracy is but I do know that while we are all created equal we don't all turn out that way.
We arent created equal. Never confuse political and juristical equality with actual equality.

Leon Trotsky wrote: As soon as todays "social democrats" are in government, their lines melt together with that of the rightwing people, like the SPD supporting extreme social cuts in Germany (Agenda 2010)
Schröder and his followers are not social democrats. They are very right-wing in their thinking, even if their choice of words still sound a bit left-wing.

But Willy Brand was chancelor before and he didnt stopped being social democrat just because of that.

Same for Helmut Schmidt, although the later was very conservative and turned completely neo-liberal during the 1980s, AFTER being chancelor, despite the obvious failure of neo-liberalism especially in the early years of Helmut Kohls chancelorship.

The central problem of Brandt and Schmidt was the silent victory of monetarism. The first step already happened under Brandt - the central bank was reformed according to the ideas of Milton Friedman, which was the first step of Friedman away from Keynesianism, and the first step toward a theory that was later called Monetarism.

To keep a longer story short, the central bank after that no longer was trying to do best for the country, but only tried to minimize inflation (which was, according to Friedman, all it should do). Unfortunately, keynesian economic stimulus programs create inflation (they are supposed to create demand, which means there is more demand than supply, which raises prices, i.e. inflation). Resulting in the situation that the central bank fiercly fought what the government tried to do, leading to an overall failure of the stimulus programs of Schmidt.

By the way its funny how over here in Europe the people you call "liberal" are extreme right wingers, while in America they're the left.(And somewhat social-democratic) Wtf.
You're confusing "liberal" and "libertarian".

What we call "liberal" in Europe is called "libertarian" in USA. Libertarians are part of the republicans, i.e. the conservatives, just as they are in Europe.

While liberals in the USA are part of the democrats, the progressive party, and are all for welfare state and a strong state.

I have never seen this on TV, so I can't imagine […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If there is no evidence, then the argument that th[…]

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-pro[…]

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucle[…]