The Government of Technocracy - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I'm posting to address one concern of mine about the viability of technocracy. In regards to production and "currency", as well as societal maintenance, technocracy is flawless. It probably has the best possible framework for a stable and highly efficient society, but there is one small problem that I don't feel has bee sufficiently addressed.

You say that technocracy has no real leaders, or a system of effective government, and this is somewhat disturbing to me. The lack of leadership in a system leads to a power vacuum, regardless of the system, and eventually leads to people ill-suited for the position to gain power in that system, with goals very different than the society proper.

In order to alleviate this, I propose a system of 300 (Or some large even number) council consisting of even numbers of the different segments of society, placed in random rotation from a pool of each elected segment.

Each pool will represent a different segment of society, and individuals in that be elected electronically from people who have shown their respective "worth" through local approval of actions, and general attitude.. Because these members are elected locally, and then placed in a rather large "pool" of potential council members who are then randomly placed in this council at periods of one year, this represents the views and needs of society rather well, as it becomes a random duty, and not so much a career.

To summarize the system:
Individual is considered esteemed among locals, individuals gains enough recommendations and they are placed in the next vote, individual is voted for from a selection of candidates who have gained enough recommendations, individual is placed in large pool for random rotation to the council, of which a certain even number of individuals are slected from this groups pool to represent that segment of society.

To note, when I say segment, it can mean regionally or in terms of job classes. I am not sure which one is better.

In addition, I suggest a risk analysis computer assistant to supplement the council's decision making. Data on the deicison is input, and a risk/cost analysis is given. This can alleviate some of the irrational decisions people can make, if data is not provided in an easily digestable format.

I also suggest an elected speaker from the council, who is elected by the council members. The speaker has no power, and remains in position for one year. The purpose of the speaker is to provide a "voice" for the nation, something especially useful in dealing with other nations.
By The Nathan
I see, that's alot more efficient now that you have demonstrated the proper layout for such a thing. I wasn't quite sure on exactly how they'd keep the power vacuum filled, but thanks for the explanation.

I really like the logical infrastructure of a technate, although the concept of no political structure seems a little weird to me.
By kayne-ballard
hold it hold it i dont get it is this saying that machines could run the perfect government? if so some need their head red!!
By kayne-ballard
yeah sorry my bad, it comes down to radical guess.

And it was also debunked.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]