CTP2 on Authoritarian-Technocracy - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
*MANUAL SUMMARY*
Another post-modern government, the technocracy places the highest emphasis on science and technology. Technocracies move swiftly through the technology tree, and their cities are productive. Commerce is very strong within a technocracy, and the people are loyal.

*GAME EFFECTS*
…Governments such as democracy, corporate republic, and technocracy are conducive to robust scientific exploration…

A Technocracy, as the name implies, values science above all other pursuits. Not surprisingly, technocratic empires substantially endow scientific research, enabling rapid advancement through the technology tree. Cities are productive, the economy is good, the military is healthy and people are generally happy

*IN-GAME HISTORY*
The technocracy form of government evolved out of two particularly distinct sets of political philosophies: the growing cult of the technology-obsessed who saw in the advancement of science the answers to all of the world's ills, and the scattered remnants of authoritarian, fascist and reactionary thinkers who continued to bear the flag of totalitarianism as a viable political system. The first technocratic nations were solidly based on a strict social hierarchy system that valued intelligence and aptitude, particularly for science and technology, above all else. Industry and corporations were given free reign to conduct business in the most laissez faire markets the world had seen.

However, the economic upheavals of a free market system, combined with a rapidly expanding population of poor and disenfranchised people began to place a burden on the state. Most technocrats had little patience for social issues, regarded education as a waste of resources on anyone but the extremely gifted. In order to deal with the increasingly embittered throngs of masses cut off from better opportunities, technocracies relied on the military and police to enforce order. Surveillance systems were ubiquitous, and prison systems expanded to accommodate for an influx of new criminals. Technocracies were characterized by elitism, violations of personal freedom and an unprecedented zealousness in the pursuit of science.
By Umoja
CTP was a sick game. I remember playing Germany in North America, and I started by changing my Despotism to a Republic. It remained that way, with minimal conflict. Then I started going crazy, the government became Facist, and I started going into hardcore wars. Then much later I switiched to Technocracy, and started to create an underwater nation. Then I stopped playing, and went to MoO3.
By Adrien
What are the differences between Call to Power and Civ II or III?
By Umoja
CtP was made by Activision, and they had the interface run differently, and the game could run into the far future. In which you could have cities in orbit as well as under the sea.
By Yeddi
huh :?: what are all these abreviations n stuff... i don't understand.. this a game right? whats it called? CtP? whats that stand for?
By Mr. Smith
CtP stands for Call to Power

related story about a man who almost permanently l[…]

Rather than facing hard truths and asking difficu[…]

The tweet has a photo, which is what actually matt[…]

People like that have been fighting. The US Arm[…]