How long will it take to build a Technate? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
So - the population will be split up in three. While one group do their 'job', the others relax and engage in recreational activities, education, etc. of their choice. AND no one will be made to perform 'mundane tasks'.

But surely the transition from the scarcity system to an abundant one would be a very arduous project indeed? How many years of toil will there have to be before these 'Urbanates' (for example) are built? Even if we have the technology for machines to develop ‘Urbates’, surely humans will have to BUILD these machines?

In other words don't you think it'll be a very long and trying process to develop everything that is planned?

(Continuation below.)

Not that I am one to disregard Technocracy - what I consider the next step for the human race - to a physical challenge for a few years... Just I haven't seen anything on this subject at all. How do you plan to update the entire North American infrastructure without a massive labour undertaking?
By Mr. Anderson
I think I heard 20 years, but I'm not entirely sure. Don't quote me on that.
By Tangerine
The only thing I have against this whole idea is I don't want to eat animals or plants cultivated by machines - and you won't have an organic option, obviously. *Shrugs* Guess I'll be able to make my own food ;). Thank you very much for your reply Kolzene; I hadn't ever heard of 'Foundation' but you can be sure I'll read it if it's available in this county. :)
By Toxeus
The only thing I have against this whole idea is I don't want to eat animals or plants cultivated by machines

True, currently, I a vegitarian. But if animal meat cells were multiplied to the billions in a petri dish, then I would eat meat if they didn't kill an animal for it.
By Josh
The only thing I have against this whole idea is I don't want to eat animals or plants cultivated by machines

Well, that's no reason to be against Technocracy. If you look at current practices in regards to food processing, you won't want to eat the food- beef, in particular. In my US History class, I watched an ABC Primetime report from (I think it was) 1993 about unsanitary slaughterhouse practices. For example, they showed a video clip of a man cutting one of the carcasses on an assembly line. He accidentally cuts open the cow's bladder, spilling urine onto the raw beef below. Instead of stopping and cleaning up the mess and disposing of the contaminated beef, the line is allowed to continue. Also, beef with shards of plastic and shotgun pellets are certified as Grade A beef by the USDA- and the USDA main man at the time had "no comment", of course. :roll:

12 years later, I'm quite sure things haven't changed much. A recent headline reported that the USDA (or the FDA) are going to lower their standards (can't find the link as of yet, but I'm looking).

Since the aim of Technocracy is to provide scientific functional government for North America, I think that such issues which directly affect the people of North America will be dealt with. More efficiently than the current Price System does, might I add.

@FiveofSwords You have said: 1. Jews are the[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]