Mechanicracy - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Antiquarian
Admittedly this sounds ridicious, but I'd like to hear what you think.

Technocracy is supposedly government by the erudite in the schools of engineering and technology. Well, as the future plays out it's course, I'd bet that machines will become so advanced that they themselves could govern us. They'd be programmed, hopefully, to only prevent aggression, fraud, coercion and to defend our country (assuming total globalization hasn't occured).

This topic doesn't necessarily fit anywhere, but since it's a conceivable derivation of technocracy, I posted it here. In conclusion, I'd like to hear what you think of this type of government, and, if you can come up with a better name than my sorry "mechanicracy" (is there a name for this already?).
By Tau
Not sure of your age, but if you are a fossil like me you may remember a movie from 1970 (IMHO - one of the best sci-fi movies from the time) -
Colossus - The Forbin Project

preview

And it was also debunked.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]