Habits and Technocracy - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Mr. Anderson
I have been hearing that technocracy seeks to increase efficiency through eliminating peak usage times. Example would be varying when everyone goes to work, has time off, and so on. That way, demand is distributed and there are no real spikes.

My problem is that a lot of these seems like it would get in the way of humanity's current habits. I will give a few examples just to demonstrate:

Sleeping: Humans are not nocturnal. Considering technocracy will be, at least originally, for North America, there will not be enough variety in time zones to allow dark areas to slumber and lighter areas to work. I see only two solutions. The first is to forcibly make people change their sleeping patterns, which I see as bad. The second is to end up with some form of a spike.

Meals: Humans are used to breakfast, lunch, and dinner in many cases. There will be usage spikes for these three periods of the day. Short of forcing people to eat at different times, I do not see why people would alter their eating habits much.

Bah, it's getting late. I'm not nocturnal, y'know. Anyways, I am a technocracy supporter overall, I'm just curious how technocracy plans to deal with these forced spike times. I'm sure it could deal with them on its own, but if there were a better and more efficient way that is already in mind, I would not mind hearing it.
By Mr. Anderson
Thank you for your answers. And yes, I am from North America. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
By Mr. Anderson
I don't feel like paying $15 a year, though. I'm happy supporting you guys when it is free, I just don't want to pay money. :(

It now appears that Pres. Biden wasn't simply blu[…]

@FiveofSwords Bollocks! Holt outlawed slavery[…]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv

(My ordering and emphasis) But if you want to s[…]