Boredom in the Technate - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Getysburg
On a side note; If people had so much time on their hands, they may get bored and (using the example of youth crime in the UK) start to commit crime simply because they want to do something, would Technocracy set up activites for them?
By Getysburg
That sounds great! But... dare I bring this up, we have examples of millionaires in current society who have themselves grown bored from too much spare time and/or things to do.
By El Gilroy
I would not go as far in my (existent and present) hatred of the price system (whereas my reasons might differ from Kolzene's) as to blame singularly it for boredom, although it might indeed be at fault as well, but rather attribute it to several coinciding factors, including culture, where we are not used to doing nothing, and education, where we are teached only to do things.

In the case of Technocracy suddenly taking over, the phenomenon of boredom would be slowly but progressively weeded out over the course of generations.

IMO, that is.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The far left does not want another October 7. No […]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]