Load balancing and the holiday season - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Ok, so it's coming up to that time of year. People are getting ready to celebrate Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza, Ywl and whatever and want not to work. Their consumption also increases - buying gifts*, more food, decorating.
My point is - this would really throw a spanner in the works in a technate since the technate relies on a 24-7-365 society keeping demand as constant as possible to maximise utilisation of resources. Now people ain't gonna want to work over Christmas, and the fact is even with radical changes in culture, traditions die hard. How would we deal with such a strain on the system?

*A note on buying gifts in capitalism. Many of you would think that the increase in production and cashflow would help a capitalist economy, but research has shown that the holiday season has a very bad impact on the economy, largely due to people paying more than they would normally for goods and services, and buying things they otherwise wouldn't, which may go underutilised even by price system standards.
By ZenWilsonian
Thanks, this for a large part answers my question...

On another note, what about sending gifts outside of the technate, to a nontechnocratic country? I just realised this may put a strain on things, since people would be 'being charitable', and giving away all of these apparently free resources, using the free postal service and the continent may end up having to supply all six!

Do you see Oct 7 as "legitimate resistance&q[…]

BRICS will fail

https://youtu.be/M0JVAxrlA1A?si=oCaDb2mXFwgdzuEt B[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]