Olympic boxing - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Goldberk
I'm off to see some Olympic boxing tonight, hopefully should be fun. However I am dreading the transport to and from the docklands. Anyone else on here seeing some events? The on;y other one I've seen was the mens road race that came past my house.
By Daktoria
Amateur boxing is a bit boring. There's no promotion involved unless the host promotes it like MSG for the Golden Gloves. The Olympics are so distant that the crowd can't really get into it since nobody knows the fighters.

When I used to go camping up in the Adirondacks, I'd stop by the Lake Placid facilities every year. You can even go bobsledding down the actual track if you want.
By Goldberk
I guess it doesn't have the hype or razmatazz of professional boxing, but can occasionally be involving and can sometimes have more credibility regarding champions.
By Daktoria
The value of promotion is seeing how boxers intimidate one another. You can use that as insight regarding their fighting styles in figuring who to bet on.

If you're talking about Pacquiao versus Bradley, everyone knew that was gunna happen. Pacquiao's only shot was to get a KO in today's politically correct world where the black guy has to win.

Besides, nobody cares about the Philippines anymore. Heck, hardly anyone cares about boxing. UFC is where the action is.
Superheavyweight is actually interesting this time around with Medzhidov, Dychko and Joshua all likely to be top pro players. If you get to see one of these in action it would be good.
Oleksandr Usyk has just turned pro and has signed with US Top Rank.

Initially fighting at Cruiser but most likely will soon step up to HW.

Probably the most respected HW to come out of the am. ranks since Povetkin.
Israel in flux - Benny Hill resigns

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/j2UAAO[…]

The 1200 dead from October 7 disagree about who's[…]

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2022/0[…]

@FiveofSwords Why are you so keen to fuck you[…]