- 31 Jan 2018 16:44
Victoribus Spolia's Chili Recipe:
4 pounds of 80/20 or 85/15 Ground Beef.
1 whole head of Garlic. Minced.
2 whole yellow cooking onion. Coarse chopped.
1 quart of homemade spaghetti sauce (sweet and basil-heavy in my family)
2 tablespoons of chili powder
1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
1 tablespoon of cumin.
1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
1 whole pack of bacon worth of bacon grease.
2 slightly burned strips of bacon, finely chopped.
1 cup Valentina's mexican hot sauce.
2 Large cans of coarse diced tomatoes
1 large can of red kidney beans.
1 small can of black beans.
1 whole stick of butter.
1. fry whole pack of bacon at bottom of pot, remove bacon (except two slices) once cooked and set aside (for whatever purpose you want).
2. Cook remaining two strip until about half-blackened or VERY crispy, and remove, chop-fine, and set aside, leave grease in pot.
3. Add one stick of butter into hot grease and melt the butter into the grease.
4. add garlic, onion, spices, brown sugar, and chopped bacon pcs into the grease/butter mix. Stir together well.
5. Add hot sauce, and stir together.
6. Add beef and cook in slurry until done.
7. Add rest of ingredients and stir until hot.
“The act of defending any of the cardinal virtues has today all the exhilaration of a vice.”
“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
- G. K. Chesterton