CCP/CWP Holders: What Do You Carry? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

If you've got a permit to carry a concealed weapon, what's your "go to"?

My daily carry is a Colt Government Model .380 that belonged to my late father. It's compact enough to easily conceal beneath a shirt, and not at all uncomfortable to wear while driving (I usually carry on the right side of my back).

My Dad had the original grips changed out and had wood ones installed. If I could find the original grips, I'd be on them like a bum on a sandwich...

Rancid wrote:I had a carry permit years ago when I lived in Florida. However, I never carried.

I don't know that I've lived anywhere where so many people carried...
Imagine grenades for protecting your house. You throw a grenade into your living room to take out some burglars. Fuck up your walls, your furniture, and worst of all, your TV. :lol:
Kon wrote:Try brownells or boyds for grips steve.

Thanks.

Looks like Boyd's deals mainly in rifle grips. I found some Pachmayr grips on Brownell's, but they're for a 1911 and I've got a .380 I want to swap the grips on.

I'll dig around there a bit more...
Last edited by BigSteve on 19 Oct 2019 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
Carrying is gay.

I once shared a mcfish sandwich with a bum at a bus stop when I was wasted. I was pretty worried about hep c for the next few months but it was all good, the 180 proof grain alcohol I washed it down with probably killed any bum pathogens on the fish sandwich.
JohnRawls wrote:I wish i could carry it.

An 18" 5.56mm Galil sans bipod?

Why? An AKMS carbine is lighter and handier and the harder hitting 7.62x39mm round performs well in the shorter 12" barrel.
Last edited by ingliz on 19 Oct 2019 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
ingliz wrote:A 5.56mm Galil sans bipod?

Why? An AKMS carbine is lighter and handier and the harder hitting 7.62x39mm round performs well in the shorter 12" barrel.

Cause we use 5.56 Galils (AK5 in Estonia) and 7.62 Fals (AK4 in Estonia). Things considered, 7.62 is overkill. 5.56 is more or less okay. Unless you are trying to fight somebody in the forest then i see no reasonable use for 7.62 ammo.

Plus it depends on which Galil version you want to use. I just posted the first picture of a Galil i could find.
JohnRawls wrote:overkill

I thought you were going for 'overkill'.

:?:

ps. I edited my last post because I wanted to put barrel length to begin with but I wasn't sure if the 5.56mm shown came with an 18" or 20" barrel.

I had to look it up.
ingliz wrote:I thought you were going for 'overkill'.

:?:

ps. I edited my last post because I wanted to put barrel length to begin with but I wasn't sure if the 5.56mm shown came with an 18" or 20" barrel.

I had to look it up.

If I wanted overkill then I would ask our local self-defence office to let me keep some of the heavier stuff. Basically we have the army and self-defence paramilitaries that are allowed to keep weapons in the house. Besides standard rifle things you can also get:

Probably m2s. M3s and M4s are rarer.

Or if you really want overkill:

Voting for this guy again would be a very banan[…]

Jared Kushner is inspired by the real estate poten[…]

The US government does not care about the ongoing […]

I would also say that the extreme Left can be j[…]