Belarus upsets U.S.A. at World Juniors - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (CP-AP) - Andrei Kastsitsyn scored a goal and added two assists on Wednesday as Belarus stunned the United States 5-3 at the world junior hockey championship.

It's the first time Belarus has won a round robin game at the world junior tournament. They've previously beat France and Kazakhstan in relegation play.

The defending champion U.S. team had won eight straight games in the tournament, with its last loss coming against Finland in the bronze medal game two years ago.

For the full article --> http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story.asp?id=109475

Haha. Excellent. Sweet revenge from last year. I loved it when the fans made a feable attempt to rally the troops by Chanting 'U-S-A'. HAH. Belarus is now my second favourite team.

Canada is undefeated.
By Comrade Ogilvy
Hockey is the eleventh most popular sport in america according to Gallup polls.... right behind figure skating, and right before pro wrestling. In other words.... and???
By Hatred
But you're the only country of the world that makes movies out of it.
By Goranhammer
I wouldn't have even known this happened if it wasn't for ESPN SportsCenter needing to fill an 11 second void in their show.

So keep up your "I root for everyone playing America" rhetoric...we're not listening.
By N'Djamena
I am always Belarus when I play EA Sports NHL. We always win.

But that has nothing to do with anything.
By Hatred
N'D wrote:But that has nothing to do with anything.

Correct.
Last edited by Hatred on 30 Dec 2004 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
By N'Djamena
Canes wrote:Movies are more entertaining than hockey.

It depends what kind of movie. I'd rather watch hockey than Polar Express.

Edit:

Stupid sticky T.
By PhilosoFlea
I consider this thread a compliment to the USA, when people look for any reason or flaw to cheer against your country you know your at the top.

Your basically saying "Finally the US has sucked in one sport!"
By N'Djamena
I believe you are right. I just wish we'd get out of Iraq...
By Hatred
I believe you are right. I just wish we'd get out of Iraq...

Yeah..
There's no ice there.
By N'Djamena
Yeah...

Let's say that Osama is hiding in Norway and attack it.
Plenty of ice there...
By Thoss
I'm a passionate hockey fan. Especially Team Canada. I simply want to see vengance for our terrible loss last year. Belarus did nicely.

Hockey is the eleventh most popular sport in america according to Gallup polls.... right behind figure skating, and right before pro wrestling. In other words.... and???

Consider where hockey can be played effectively before throwing out a statistic.

images and videos referenced the 1972 Munich Olymp[…]

And it was also debunked.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]