NFL playoffs: 2004 Season - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Demosthenes
He said that Tommy Polley, strong-side linebacker on the Rams, was a little nancy boy who was no bigger than Todd Pinkston (6'3" 180 officially, which I find to be very generous).
If that size is supposed to be Pinkstons than it seems generous to me as well, i know he added some weight a couple off season's ago, but as a rookie he was listed at 6'2" 160, which judging by those little chicken legs of his seemed generous then too...I haven't heard Trotter's statement's about Polley, but the guys isn't that good really. Nonetheless there is no cause for publicly denigrating another player.

Now he gets to play against Vick and be made a fool of, since he's the middle linebacker and will be trying to bust up every play. I sure hope Jeremiah likes to run, cos he's gonna be spinning around so much he'll be dizzy. See, that's what happens to you when you talk trash on other professional athletes in public.
Judging this on Jim Johnson's gameplan against Minnesota in Week 2 of the regular season, I'm gonna say that Trotter won't face Vick directly at all. It'll be Kearse lined up in the Joker, and really that makes a lot of sense, he's faster than Trotter and often makes plays downfield, even when he's been beaten while rushing, or when he has overpursued an RB.

So I doubt this vindication you feel is necessary will come to pass.

Trotter will stick with what he's good at, blitzing down the pipes and the occaisional over-the-middle pass defense. Nothing more. Good as he is, he is not the right player to spy Vick.

How about the second walk off the field by Moss? Of course they would have had a too many men on the field penalty, but that sort of is a nice epitaph for the Vikings season.
I don't like Moss at all, but this play was in no way his fault and though they didn't pull off the fake (it looked horribly sloppy) he made the right decision given the circumstnaces. If he hadn't and a penalty had been called, the Eagles would have anticipated a second fake...then again given the result maybe it WOULD have been better for the Vikes after all, assuming they decided to just go for the field goal instead...

I still think in the Eagles game the Fumble of L.E. smith which leaped into Micthells hands for a TD was the best. You know things are going thier way when that happens
True...that was...something else...but it's L.J. smith...

That L.J. Smith play was absurd. I jumped out of my seat in excitement when I saw the ball squirt out, and dropped back into my chair when I saw that hot dog Freddie Mitchell catch it in the end zone.
But you got your wish on Mitchell's last potential TD when he DID fumble out of the end zone...
By briansmith
I picked the Steelers and I'll be rooting for them on account of Ben Roethlisberger, but if, by some strange chance, the Eagles come out of the NFC, I would prefer the Patriots face them in the Super Bowl. After all, the Pats will absolutely demolish them.
By Demosthenes
*shameless thread bump*

Hey...it is game day ya' know...
By briansmith
After the first quarter - any impressions?

I think Vick showed that he can run all over this defense if he gets the opportunity. He also showed that he is liable to make some bad decisions and bad throws if pressured, especially when he's throwing into the wind.

I like the Eagles' prospects though.
Last edited by briansmith on 24 Jan 2005 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
By Goranhammer
With 10 minutes left, it's looking pretty favorable for Philly. Falcons just punted, and I think Vick is too shaken up after that EASY pick he threw a bit back.

Maybe they'll break the curse after all. They just better make sure Owens comes back for the big game, else they'll get their asses handed to them by either AFC team, most likely the Patriots.
By briansmith
I honestly don't think they need Owens. What they need is to run the ball, and they'll be alright.
By briansmith
Congratulations to the Eagles, 2004 NFC Champions!

Demosthenes, my share of crow please?
By Demosthenes
OH MY GOD 24 YEARS!! I'VE BEEN WAITING 24 LOOOOOOOOOOOONG YEARS!! I was 9 years old when they lost to the Raiders in 81, it's been FAR, FAR TOOOOOOO LONG!

I"M TOO HAPPY TO SMACK ANY OF YOU AROUND WITH A LARGE TROUT RIGHT NOW!!

WOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NO predictions until next weekend.

GO EAGLES!!!

It's such a beautiful thing... :*( :D :*( :D :*( :D :*( :D
By Attila The Nun
Wow, as I am typing this the Steelers are losing this game horribly. I guess running can't carry you all the way.
By briansmith
This is one of the worst post-seasons I can remember as far as my accuracy in picking the winners of games. I'm getting absolutely crushed!

Oh well, I guess I inflated some teams I liked. The Super Bowl sure will be an interesting pick!
By Flopflipper
Big Ben tanked. 3 interceptions and a fumble. You can not do that in the playoffs and expect to win. I feel sorry for him because he probly knows he carries the blame for the loss more then anybody. And why didn't they keep the Bus in during the beginning? Bettis is the best at wearing down defenses. that is why Duece looked so good last game.

Now we get to see the Pats steamroll over the Eagles in another Superbowl victory. :roll: would have been better story material if it was an all Keystone state superbowl

T.O was looking rather frisky out there on the sidelines dancing on the benches... does he expect to play in the super bowl? Still I expected the Eagles to do well containing Vick. Was sure impressive to actaully see it

So far I only was off on 2 of my predictions.. Pack vs Vikes, and Pats vs Steelers
By Goranhammer
Three of the four teams I picked to play in their division championships at the beginning of the season actually did. Pitt sure took me by surprise. Think they did that to everyone.

Pats whipped on the Steelers. So proud of them.

Tom Brady is en route to his 3rd Super Bowl MVP in 4 years.

And I'm proud to say he goes to the same school I do. GO BLUE!
By Kylie
My hopes of a all PA Superbowl were hopelessly crushed tonight at the Patriots beat the Steelers :(!

The Superbowl better have some kick ass commercials this year :D!
By briansmith
I really feel for Ben Roethlisberger. He's been so good all year long, and he managed to do things that no rookie quarterback has done before. It's really amazing and, I think, unfortunate that he wasn't able to pull off the ultimate accomplishment of a rookie quarterback and that is to lead his team to the Super Bowl.

I for one turned this game off after Roethlisberger threw an interception that was returned by that cheap shot artist Rodney Harrison for a touchdown. I couldn't watch anymore and really didn't want to see it get worse, which I knew it would.

I also think it was silly for the Steelers to take out Bettis, but sometimes players lose their confidence, even veteran players who've been around the block a lot, and if Bettis is getting stuffed by that defense, and he hasn't really been stuffed by anybody all year long, then he's naturally going to lose some confidence. I think it makes sense to put in Staley for a bit in that situation, but to keep him in for most of the rest of the game? That's not very smart in my opinion, even though I do like him.
By Comrade Ogilvy
I made only one post season prediction in this thread... the Pats all they. Unfortunately, its seems its going to come to fruition. I knew the pats would handle Pitt, but never did I think they would do it so handily.
By uglygoat
the bus is old, and only held together at the knees and hips by athletic tape.

i hate pitsburg and laughed the entire game :)

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]