NHL Draft Canceled - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Todd D.
I'm assuming you are looking for an answer other than "ice", but I can't figure out why.
By Red_Army
It just doesn't seem like a cold place, I live in Alaska but we don't have a hockey team. Sorry for the bad sarcasm.
By Todd D.
I really really dislike the "It's warm there, therefore they can't play hocky" idiocy. If it was 1820 and we didn't have central air or interior climate control, then you might have a point, but we do. Do we say Alaska can't have a track team because it's cold there for a lot of the year? Just as silly.
By Demosthenes
Alaska can't have track...
By Red_Army
Actually its illegal for Alaskans to play track and any track enthusiasts are summarily executed. I'm sorry you found my post so distasteful I know nothing of hockey and will no longer post on this thread.
By Pongetti
God I wish I could have watched the game back in the 80s...I can't imagine how much better it was then.

You need the Canadian version of ESPN Classic, aptly named ESPN Classic Canada.

Ahhhhhh. They had 93' Leafs playoffs today at Maple Leaf Gardens, I was far more familiar with the players then than I am now. Doug Gilmour, Dave Andreychuck, Wendel Clark, Todd Gill, Jamie McCoun, Felix Potvin, Dave Ellet, Glen Anderson, Peter Zezel! Oh, man, great times. 'Twas far more exciting.

I really do wish they had painted the top and bottom of the boards at the ACC yellow, like at Maple Leaf Gardens. Air Canada Centre is too... normal.

You know you all fear the Whale.

I'm not sure why I feel this way but I do. Hartford Whalers kick!!!

I KNOW the game can reach Americans. It's that good. It, like anything else, is just a matter of marketing.

Exactly, a superior product will be succesful if marketed correctly, but may not be if not. Just like how more people in Canada watch the Grey Cup than the Superbowl these days :D . Why? The CFL is marketed much better than it used to be.

EDIT: BIRTHYEAR POST!

What do the tweets say? ——————— So with Palestin[…]

World War II Day by Day

They are words that will always ring true. So lo[…]

You didn't watch the video I posted earlier which[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities […]