NHL 2011-2012 season - Page 13 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Brio
14 years!? If he fucks up, you've got a huge albatross on your neck that will be nigh impossible to trade, not to mention you won't have a first round draft pick for four years straight.

In my eye's it's a bit of a gamble.
All that you say is true.

Yet, he's worth the risk. Might be the last contract like it too...

Do do do do do!
Man I hate the Rangers. :hmm:
Demosthenes wrote:Man I hate the Rangers.

Doesn't everybody?

They're a fucking joke. One of the oldest teams(Original Six) and only 4 Stanley Cups, 3 of which came before World War II even ended. Only 7 Division Championships. Loser Smurfs. :lol:
I remember once going to a Flyer's forum, and there was this old dude on there who was a Flyer's fan from way back. We had fans of all our division rivals in there, but particularly there were a bunch of Ranger's fans who were highly obnoxious in there. Not to be outdone by blueshirts, the Flyers fans were giving as good as they were getting. At one point there were constant flames going back and forth like what any sports forum devolves into. At any rate, at one point he finally asked us all to calm down and stop bickering and listen to him, his post then went something like this:

"I remember back in the day, it was just a different time back then. People were nicer to each other. My dad used to walk with me down Broad St. on the way to the game and we'd have a nice Cheesesteak, and would just soak in the pre-game atmosphere. The tension was thick and you could cut it with a knife, but the people... I don't know, they were just different. At any rate, as we got closer to the Spectrum, and many Rangers fans could be seen arriving for the game, I'll never forget the words my dad shouted as we entered the building:

THE RANGERS SUCK, THE RANGERS SUCK, THE RANGERS SUCK!!!!!!!"

:muha1: :muha1: :muha1: :muha1: :muha1:
Say, what's everyone's favorite Original Six team? I would probably choose the Chicago Blackhawks. We all know the city of Detroit sucks, hate those Massholes in Boston, and what kind of American roots for a Canadian team?
By Brio
Les Habitants.

They aren't the Leafs (who I pity/mock), the Red Wings I hate, the Rangers have been a gong show for most of my hockey viewing life (largest salary and still couldn't make the playoffs most years before the salary-cap era), Blackhawks and Bruins I am neutral on, and my favourite player of all time won two cups with them.
hip hop bunny hop wrote: :( my poor Preds :(

Well, you got to keep Weber I guess. Flyers are still probably happy that they made Nashville pay so much money. :lol:

We'll see if the Flyers refocus on their efforts with Shane Doan.

Assuming that guy wasn't yet another of the count[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]