1st POFO NFL Playoff Pick-Em - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By R_G
Since we've had the NHL pick-em for a while, or dare I say, 3 years? And the World Cup and Euro Picks, I thought it be time to have an NFL one.

The system works like this:

20 points to spend every playoff round ( There are 4 )
Maximum 10 on one game, minimum 1 on each

So for example, you get 4 playoff games, you can bet up to 10 points on the outcome of one.

In the Super Bowl, since there's only one game, you bet 10 points on the winning team and 10 points on the game's MVP.

There is also a bonus at the beginning of the playoffs, you pick the two teams to make it to the Super Bowl, you get 10 for each team.

The playoffs will start next weekend, so as to have time for posters to see this and discuss.

The playoff teams in the NFC are almost decided:
49ers, Saints, Packers, Lions, Falcons and either the Giants or Cowboys

There are two tentative playoff spots in the AFC:
Patriots, Ravens, Steelers and Texans are in. Bengal and Broncos get in on wins, Raiders, Titans and Jets may also get in.
You can't really pick these until you know the match-ups.
I know, but with how active this forum is I felt I needed a good head start.

Hopefully we have a solid ten participants.
I'll be in on this. Baltimore & Green Bay are my preseason Superbowl picks and I'm sticking with them. Extremely nervous about the Dallas-NY game, will probably do my playoff picks in either a haze of euphoria or a fit of rage.
I remember last time Pofo had some NFL thing, most people were pretty mad at R_G for being a poor sport and dumping his team when he had no chance of winning.

Hopefully this one goes better.
Brio wrote:I remember last time Pofo had some NFL thing, most people were pretty mad at R_G for being a poor sport and dumping his team when he had no chance of winning.

Hopefully this one goes better.

That's fantasy football and it was free, I don't really care about free leagues. This is for fun and gives me and hopefully others better preparation for betting.

It was also a ten team league, down from twelve the year before and two teams weren't even managed. Seriously it was just a poor league, shouldn't count for anything.
I'm going to show my knowledge of the NFL by picking the Indianapolis Colts, to win it all! :D
Good call Godstud, you should also pick them to win the Stanley Cup as well! :lol:
Demosthenes wrote:Good call Godstud, you should also pick them to win the Stanley Cup as well!
They probably have a better chance.
Round 1:

Image @Image
Image@Image

Image@Image
Image@Image

20 Points

Max 10 on any one game, must put at least one point on every game.

For the first round, predict the final two opponents for bonus points. The bonus will be 5 for each team instead of 10.

My picks:
5 on Bengals over Texans
4 on Broncos over Steelers
6 on Saints over Lions
5 on Giants over Falcons

Predicting 49ers vs. Ravens Super Bowl.
NFC
Det vs NO = NO, 5 pts.
ATL Vs NYG = ATL, 5 pts.

Cin VS HOU = HOU, 3 pts.
PIT VS DEN = PIT, 7 pts.

Oddly enough I'm also picking San Francisco vs Baltimore in the Super Bowl with the 49ers winning it all.
Demosthenes wrote:NFC
Det vs NO = NO
ATL Vs NYG = ATL

Cin VS HOU = HOU
PIT VS DEN = PIT

Oddly enough I'm also picking San Francisco vs Baltimore in the Super Bowl with the 49ers winning it all.

I need to know how many points you're putting on each outcome. For those who don't list the point wagers I'm using the default that you're just betting evenly 5 on each outcome. If this is what you meant anyway, then you can ignore this.
Det vs NO = NO
Drew Brees will rip them apart.

ATL Vs NYG = Is this a joke? Big Blue for the win, no competition.

Cin VS HOU = HOU (I like houston)

PIT VS DEN = Den (Tim Tebow will win this one)
Cincinnati @ Houston - 3 on Houston
Pittsburgh @ Denver - 10 on Pittsburgh

Atlanta @ NY Giants - 4 on NY Giants
Detroit @ New Orleans - 7 on New Orleans

Green bay v. Baltimore Superbowl
Cincinnati VS Houstoun - 5 on Cincinatti.
Detroit VS New Orleans - 5 on New Orleans.

Atlanta VS NY Giants - 5 on Giants.
Pittsburgh VS Denver - 5 on Pittsburgh.

Denver has one great player, Pittsburgh has a great team. :hmm:

Pittsburgh VS Green Bay.
Denver has one great player, Pittsburgh has a great team.
Sure.

The Broncos have had the best home record in pro football over the past 32 years and the mile high stadium is a legendary ball buster for other teams. The new stadium is not as loud as the previous one but the altitude and the wind should still present a problem for them.

Mendenhal is out with a torn ACL, Ryan Clark is out from sickle cell and Doug Legursky is out from a shoulder injury. They are bringing in Woodley, who has been out most the season from a hamstring and he is far from 100%. They probably won't bring in Mewelde Moore because of his knee problem and Roethlisberger is suffering from an ankle sprain.

That leaves Roethlisberger at a hobble and ensures the majority of plays will be runs, so in comes Von Miller and Dumervil who only have to worry about an injured Woodley.

The Stellers will need to work hard just to run the ball and, lets face it, the Broncos pass protection sucks, so the game will be a pure defensive one and with the thin atmosphere that leaves the Broncos in a very good position.

In the end, the Pittsburgh team that will be playing, will not be the one your talking about and should Miller have a good day and get the timing right, its all over.
Lensky1917 wrote:Denver has one great player, Pittsburgh has a great team. :hmm:

Von Miller? Champ Bailey? Wait no no...I got this...it's Matt Prater isn't it? It's Matt Prater.

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]