AFL tips/thread - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By unbalanced zealot
I'd be happy with the tips above ... except have Collingwood going down by less than a kick after Travis Cloke misses a set shot in the dying seconds from 30 out straight in front.
By colliric
I knew Freo would have a better shot at Symonds than at Etihad... Now I remember why, Freo are a bloody good wet weather side!

Geelong might regret this decision. At first glance a "true home final" might have seemed good, but on analysis Freo are a strong wet weather team. Playing at Etihad would have given Geelong a better advantage and a bigger "home crowd" too.
By unbalanced zealot
Yep, your prediction is right there in the thread. Good one.

I've watched all games this week-end. Aged about 5 years by doing so. Port/Collingwood stressed me out, but it was actually the Richmond game I felt more exhusted after.
By colliric
unbalanced zealot wrote:Yep, your prediction is right there in the thread. Good one.

I've watched all games this week-end. Aged about 5 years by doing so. Port/Collingwood stressed me out, but it was actually the Richmond game I felt more exhusted after.

I hated both those games....

Ironically it was the Rich VS Carlton one that was worse.... Didn't expect the Pies to get very far this year. We need a better coach, Mark Williams is available, I hope he's still available if Buckley is sacked next year...
By colliric
I recon Freo for the flag would be a good bet right now... Before they demolish Sydney tonight...
By unbalanced zealot
I watch the Haw. Gel. game. Great game but Hawthorn seemed to be bewildered by it all at times.

Will watch the Freo game tonight and with any luck it'll be Freo/Hawks next week.
By colliric
unbalanced zealot wrote:I watch the Haw. Gel. game. Great game but Hawthorn seemed to be bewildered by it all at times.

Will watch the Freo game tonight and with any luck it'll be Freo/Hawks next week.

The Kennett thing did give them the nerves. But Geelong had to run out of legs sometime, that Freo game was brutal, Port gave them a literal bashing(Why not when there's no tommorow?), and finally it took effect in the 4th quarter.

As a Pies supporter, I understand how they felt... Damn Colliwobbles!

Freo look terrifying so far... Premiership is coming I suspect.
By Ornate Placebo
Fremantle/Hawthorn? Only other option really is West Coast. I fear for the Swans after their demolition by the Hawks - it may really undermine their self-belief in big games against top opponents.
By colliric
Collingwood will win the Premiership this year, or at least bulldoze Hawthorn if we meet them in a final.

Too much at stake. The list is definitely Late-September worthy this year.
colliric wrote:Collingwood will win the Premiership this year, or at least bulldoze Hawthorn if we meet them in a final.

Too much at stake. The list is definitely Late-September worthy this year.

Hate to say it, but the pies are even less likely than Port to make the 8 this year.

I really didn't think Geelong had it left in them to be top at this stage of the season.
By colliric
unbalanced zealot wrote:Hate to say it, but the pies are even less likely than Port to make the 8 this year.

I really didn't think Geelong had it left in them to be top at this stage of the season.

When I made my former assertions, the season outlook looked great.... Now it looks like shit.
colliric wrote:When I made my former assertions, the season outlook looked great.... Now it looks like shit.

Yeh, I know how you feel. Port should be 3 or 4, Geelong should be 9 or 10, by this stage. Theoretically.

GWS are pretty amazing.

No, it's not that he "may" have partici[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab[…]