AFL tips/thread - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By unbalanced zealot
Yeh - Adelaide have always been strong at Football Park. As much as I prefer Adelaide Oval ... when Football Park is full it's probably the toughest atmosphere to block out. I've been to games at Melbourne grounds, SCG and Subiaco ... but I reckon a full Football Park would be worth an extra few goals over a game.

I doubt Adelaide will be competitive next week against a rested Hawks.
By colliric
It was a dissapointing turnout to Channel 7, only 33000 turned up to the game.
By Notorious B.i.G.
My god, Collingwood supporters are feral.
I've never heard a supporter group boo so much. Little f-ing princesses that they are
By colliric
Notorious B.i.G. wrote:My god, Collingwood supporters are feral.
I've never heard a supporter group boo so much. Little f-ing princesses that they are

When?

The first quarter video review? That was actually a Goal, the vid ump got that wrong and took a guess(because he couldn't really see it). The video review guy should have the option of delivering an "Inconclusive" result instead of just taking a guess. Then the Goal Umpires original decision should stand. Next thing they'll introduce is that silly Tennis "line" system.

The ball was still touching the line behind the post which blocked his vision.
By Notorious B.i.G.
colliric wrote:
When?

The first quarter video review? That was actually a Goal, the vid ump got that wrong and took a guess(because he couldn't really see it). The video review guy should have the option of delivering an "Inconclusive" result instead of just taking a guess. Then the Goal Umpires original decision should stand. Next thing they'll introduce is that silly Tennis "line" system.

The ball was still touching the line behind the post which blocked his vision.

Apart from the fact the ball was completely over the line and in no way what so ever was touching the line...
Anyway. That wasn’t my point.
When the supporters boo’d their team off the field at half time because they weren’t winning. Disgraceful. Also the continues abuse the goal umpire received despite the fact that it wasn't his call to disallow the goal.

Gee the two Semi’s really mirrored each other. Looked like at qrtr time (even half time) that the lower side would get up an win. But a massive fight back by the Crows over Freo. But I think crows will get pumped by the Hawks next week. Adelaide are missing their two key defenders and all of the hawks weapons are in the fwd line.

Interesting fact. Since adopting this finals system there have be 52 preliminary finals and only 2 twice have teams come out of the top 4. I like the system because it rewards finishing top 4. But on the other hand, it lacks the romanticism of seeing and underdog side getting into the Prelims let alone GF.
By colliric
Notorious B.i.G. wrote:
Apart from the fact the ball was completely over the line and in no way what so ever was touching the line...
Anyway. That wasn’t my point.

That was easily the biggest Boo I heard..... and how could you conclusively tell it was 100% over? The big white stick was blocking the main angle that was used! The vid ump took a damn guess.

Looked 50/50 on the footage. Remember that like Tennis the rule is it has to be 100% over the line. 99% and it's supposed to be payed as still in, if there's doubt it's supposed to be payed as "benifit of the doubt" to the player in possession.
By unbalanced zealot
Other members may not realise it ... but this is the second most important thread on this site !

Friday 7.32 pm Korean time ... Sydney lead Collingwood Q2 35 to 21 (Cloke has 2 for the pies)
By Notorious B.i.G.
Second?! The most important! What's more important UZ? :)

Good game so far. It'll be interesting to see if Collingwood can scratch a comeback like last weekend.
By Notorious B.i.G.
Pft, Asia part...
AFL party! :)

Looks hawks are definitely going to be favouites now. But tonight was a good game

I have to think that Hawthorn will win tomorrow against the Crows
By unbalanced zealot
Sort of cool that the year Western Sydney enter the comp. the Swans make the grand final winning a prelim over Collingwood at Homebush. Can't be a bad thing for the game in NSW.
By Notorious B.i.G.
unbalanced zealot wrote:Sort of cool that the year Western Sydney enter the comp. the Swans make the grand final winning a prelim over Collingwood at Homebush. Can't be a bad thing for the game in NSW.

No it can't be, you're right. As an AFL fan living in Syndey at the moment happy. The more AFL here the better.
But go Dees! :)
By colliric
We need to resign leon Davis, get another Ruckman and possibly sign Fevola if he's available. We needed another ruck and Tarrant's finished soon too so Fev would immediately come in and possibly free Dawes to play upfield. We only got 1 or two crumbs up forward and Rhyce Shaw butchered us... Davis should come back for the crumbs.
By Notorious B.i.G.
Lmao. Let me wipe away the tears of laughter. Fev? Croll you must be dellousinonal. Fev! The guy is now a dud. But hey, Collingwood, go for it. The more duds on the team the better as far as I'm concerned.
By colliric
Notorious B.i.G. wrote:Lmao. Let me wipe away the tears of laughter. Fev? Croll you must be dellousinonal. Fev! The guy is now a dud. But hey, Collingwood, go for it. The more duds on the team the better as far as I'm concerned.

Unless Collingwood can negotiate for another forward and concurrently someone to replace Tarrant(now officially Retired) he's the only option at the moment to help address major structure issues in the forward line. We give him a chance and he could come good for us, or allow Dawes to move down back or help in the ruck. And we also need a Ruckman from the draft too. But as evidenced in that game, we should be more worried by the hole Davis left as our crumbing is shithouse. Shaw should have been player of the match he was awesome... Wish he was still at Collingwood.
By Notorious B.i.G.
Well, wasn't expecting Adelaide to by in contention to win that game.
I think the GF will be a real cracker now. Hawthorn still favourites but looks like Sydney Swans are in with a real chance.
By colliric
Notorious B.i.G. wrote:Well, wasn't expecting Adelaide to by in contention to win that game.
I think the GF will be a real cracker now. Hawthorn still favourites but looks like Sydney Swans are in with a real chance.

Goodes will drift back and be the second player covering Franklin... They're going to flood like madmen, and rely on their rovers to kick goals... Worked like a treat against us and Hawthorn will struggle with it too. They dragged all of our players forward of the centre square and ran off the backline(through Rhyce mostly).
By unbalanced zealot
OK - Sydney or Hawthorn?

From my distant perspective ... I really couldn't make a bet on this ... this game might just come down to the way the ball bounces. I read that the conditions might be wet?
By Notorious B.i.G.
Yeah, looks like weather in Melbourne is going to pretty awful on Saturday. If it’s wet, I think it’ll favour Hawthorn. Crumbers like Riloi will do well, and Franklin’s kicking ability will help there (as long as they don’t try to dribble kick the ball through the goals along the ground).

I think Hawks are still favourites, but I think Sydney has a real chance. If they can lock down the corridor and force Hawks out wide in their offensive zone could hurt the hawks.

PUMPED!
By colliric
If it's wet that clearly favours Sydney because they love flooding and making it a low scoring slog. I don't know how you came to the conclusion it would favour the Hawks, because they tend to kick long to Franklin looking for a mark. Slippery ball tends to be the worst enemy of the full forward looking to outmark his opponent and also the attacking crumber looking to pick it up, steady and kick at goal. Whereas the defender looking to clear it is at advantage in wet conditions.... All he has to do is roost it out of defense. Sides that enjoy flooding tend to naturally be at advantage in the wet.

@Pants-of-dog No one has ever said anything abou[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Honestly I think you should give up on hoping to […]

I don't think a multiracial society can function[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Then why do Mexicans keep going to USA? IIRC, […]