Lets talk Olympics - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Decky
Actually, the budding cyclist is also an active Rugby Union player

:eek:

Bought up in Yorkshire and alowing your progeny to play union? Tut tut :p
By Maas
People saw fieldhockey Netherlands vs New Sealand?

Epic. Some chick came up with the idea to sneak behind a person and steal the ball like that.
The person with the ball had no idea and went all out to hit the ball as hard as possible towards to goal, and hit the other on the head.

So that took almost 10 minutes before the game went on. Get that almost dead one of the field, flush away the blood. And during that time, on the big screen in the stadium... they just showed what happened over and over and over and over to amuse the crowds or something.
Smertios wrote:was I the only one who found the Churchill statue waving back to the queen a bit creepy?

I hoped the Royal Helicopter would deploy the Miniguns and reduce him to Swiss Cheese.
Decky wrote:Brought up in Yorkshire and alowing your progeny to play union? Tut tut

League is a gentleman's game played by ruffians, whereas glorious union is a ruffian's game played by gentlemen...

:p
I've heard that before Carter. Never seen a game of either to confirm, however.

What would you say about Aussie rules?
That's hardcore! But that's even more of a ruffian's game than rugby league.

Actually, for the record, last season my boy played union during the winter and then switched to league to keep his skills and fitness up during the summer.

This summer, because he's joined the Air Cadets, he's dropped the league.
Carter... are you aware that because of your avatar I cannot help but hear your posts as if they were said aloud by Professor Snape? Because hearing Professor Snape exclaim "That's Hardcore!" just made me snort my drink out of my nose here at work
By Decky
League is a gentleman's game played by ruffians, whereas glorious union is a ruffian's game played by gentlemen...

Indeed, rugby must be the only sport in the history of the world to have split down the middle on a class basis. :lol: League is a Marists wet dream (but a bloody effort, aftater a hard training sometimes you wish you were abmling around with the union lot).
By Bramlow
Another great day for Team GB. I went into this happy with a mediocre medal count, so long as we ran the games effectively. So far the organization has been (for the most part) very strong, and we've manage to smash most expectations on the medal table.

Good to see Russia and Oz both getting more into the swing of things in the past few days as well.

Expect lots of kitsch for the closing ceremony, folks.
By Magnetonium
Bolt in another controversy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics- ... --oly.html

Usain Bolt fought to keep baton from world-record relay; officials finally relent

Usain Bolt tried to keep the baton from Jamaica's world-record setting performance in the 4x100 relay on Saturday night in London but humorless British track officials made him return the potential souvenir.

Bolt ran through the finish line -- a rarity for him -- and blew past the British official tasked with the unenviable job of collecting the relay batons from runners. As shown above, she reached out her hand and Bolt playfully snatched the baton into his chest.

Every relay competitor has had to give up their baton at the end of the race.

He managed to hold onto it in the immediate aftermath of the race. While he and Blake went to the stands to celebrate with the Jamaicans and grab the flags they'd carry in their victory lap, the baton was close by his side.

By Otebo
I've never had much time for Bolt. I find his egotism repulsive, especially when compared to the relative modesty of somebody like David Rudisha.

Team GB

That's a horrible piece of 'branding'. We compete as Great Britain and Northern Ireland and people in the Province have complained about 'Team GB' leaving them out.

Also, what is going on with all these athletes sobbing on the podium? Yes, it is a great achievement and they may be emotional after finishing an event. But get a bloody grip and stop making a public spectacle of yourselves.
By Smertios
Beren wrote:Brazil vs Russia volleyball men's final was the best.

Not really :*(

The opening ceremony was great, but the closing ceremony sucks. :hmm:

What? it was the other way around... The closing ceremony was a lot better than the opening... It isusually the other way around, because there is a bigger budget for the opening :p
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is boring to have this discussion be about how […]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]