Douglas and her Ethnic Chinese coach - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Liang Chow was born and raised in China. As the main member of the Chinese men's gymnastics in 1990's, he won numerous national and international medals, including more than 30 International gold medals.

He came to the United States for learning English in 1991 after a serious injury. and accepted an English scholarship and a coaching position at the University of Iowa.

He and his wife moved to West Des Moines, Iowa and opened Chow's Gymnastics and Dance Institute in 1993. Five years later, he bought a piece of land, built his own world-class gymnastics training facility.

Only 2 mouths later , Shawn Johnson joined his class. He made her from a 6-year-old novice to a world-class athlete.

Chow sent a training vedio type of the Shawn Johnson in 2005 to the official of the women's gymnastics team of US. Then Shawn Johnson become a bright star.

As the Head Coach of 2008 Beijing Olympic Games Silver Medal Team, personal coach of the 2008 Olympic gold medalist, Shawn Johnson ,he was well known as a famous coach.

Shawn gave up the opportunity to participate in London Olympics due to knee injury. But a 16 years old girl, Gabby Douglas, another student of Chow became the first American gymnast to win gold in both the individual all-around and team competitions at the same Olympics 3 days ago.

Now she stands on top of the gymnastics world.
marcochina wrote:Image

Liang Chow was born and raised in China. As the main member of the Chinese men's gymnastics in 1990's, he won numerous national and international medals, including more than 30 International gold medals.

He came to the United States for learning English in 1991 after a serious injury. and accepted an English scholarship and a coaching position at the University of Iowa.

He and his wife moved to West Des Moines, Iowa and opened Chow's Gymnastics and Dance Institute in 1993. Five years later, he bought a piece of land, built his own world-class gymnastics training facility.

Only 2 mouths later , Shawn Johnson joined his class. He made her from a 6-year-old novice to a world-class athlete.

Chow sent a training vedio type of the Shawn Johnson in 2005 to the official of the women's gymnastics team of US. Then Shawn Johnson become a bright star.

As the Head Coach of 2008 Beijing Olympic Games Silver Medal Team, personal coach of the 2008 Olympic gold medalist, Shawn Johnson ,he was well known as a famous coach.

Shawn gave up the opportunity to participate in London Olympics due to knee injury. But a 16 years old girl, Gabby Douglas, another student of Chow became the first American gymnast to win gold in both the individual all-around and team competitions at the same Olympics 3 days ago.

Now she stands on top of the gymnastics world.

Cool story, bro. Thats the words I should have kept my reply to, considering that its very obvious what your intentions are, marcochina. You want to portray how amazing and great China is by finding one sole example of Chinese coach training an American athlete to top success in the world. I can also hypothesize that you think that this should be a Chinese gold medal.

Actually, its a bit interesting, I didn't know that Chinese were training American athletes. Although I should have known this, considering that much of American consumer goods are made in China. No pun intended here.

I guess if anything, this shows that Chinese are for once excelling with sports in America. Its not just them forcing kids to play the sport under brutal conditions from young age, but they can also immigrate, embrace a free and democratic way of life and put a human face to the way athletes should be trained and treated. Chinese man training a lady of African descent in America. Almost like a plot to a Hollywood movie.
Rancid wrote:ok... what's your point? Is there something here that we're supposed to care about?

I just tell you a story. Don’t use it as a fable. :D

Don't take too much association please, that would make you draw an absurd conclusion.

In my mind, mountain is mountain and river is river. I never try to imagine how great the mountain is . I never try to imagine how beautiful the river is. :|
Most of the Chinese I've ever met are pretty cool people. I generally like them, except Rancid's wife... I hear she's a b..., erm, I hear she's a tough old bird that pretty much pulls his strings all the time.
Demosthenes wrote:Most of the Chinese I've ever met are pretty cool people. I generally like them, except Rancid's wife... I hear she's a b..., erm, I hear she's a tough old bird that pretty much pulls his strings all the time.

Who is Rancid?Oh,you refer to the man above us?
marcochina wrote:Who is Rancid?Oh,you refer to the man above us?

He is married to a Chinese woman. I was just messing with him.
BRICS will fail

BRICS involves one of several configurations emplo[…]

So you do justify October 7, but as I said lack th[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]