Cricket - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By fuser

btw, Why UK failed to teach any of their sport to the people on the other side of the Atlantic?
Last edited by fuser on 11 Jul 2014 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
By Decky
Antarctic

Did you mean Atlantic?
By Decky
We did try and teach the Americans rugby but they were so weak and feable they gave everyone helmets and loads of armour as if they were going into battle instead of playing a team sport. Pathetic.
By Prosthetic Conscience
fuser wrote:England 229/7

Cook failed again, is the sudden downturn of English Cricket started? Where all the spinners in England have banished?

And then they go and spoil the script by getting a 39 run first innings lead (496 all out), with the world record tenth wicket partnership, and the highest ever score by an England no. 11: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/28277458

btw, Why UK failed to teach any of their sport to the people on the other side of the Atlantic?

We did give them baseball, and American football is a derivative of rugby. Lawn tennis was invented in England, of course, and golf in Scotland.
By fuser
Damn 10th wicket partnerships in this test, its ridiculous. Both team sucks, its a very poor test which is heading towards a draw.
By fuser
South Africa vs India 4th test

SA 94/3 after 108 overs.
By unbalanced zealot
Geoff Boycott and Mark Taylor would be proud.

What test cricket need is a test championship context structured in a way that a draw can have actually meaning in a bigger picture.
By Yousifquba
Can someone explain to me whats going on? I havent paid attention to cricket in ages and Im going to South Africa vs West Indies on Friday and I need some context going into it.

Like whos the favourites? Whos playing well?
By Heisenberg
@fuser

Are you following the first test? I think we've been very sporting to you chaps by electing to press the "classic England batting collapse" button when things were going so nicely. :excited:
By fuser
Yes, that Joe Root runout was just pure gift, thing probably going in his mind, "Sorry for Bengal Famine, just take my wicket" :p
By Heisenberg
This is absolutely pathetic now. 87-7! :lol:
By fuser
Well its not like Indian Batsman are doing any better, all England has to do is get Kohli out and not drop simple catches. Every single Indian Batsman was like "Thank You for the Railways, just take my wicket" but not Kohli, that guy hates Trains.
By Heisenberg
This has been a hell of a match. I've got absolutely no work done today thanks to Test Match Special. :excited:

Kohli is a pesky little lizard and I am a big fan of his. I agree that if England can get him out early tomorrow, they could very well win. Of course, they'll have to actually try to get him out for that to work, rather than just getting him off strike. :lol:

Finally, Dawid Malan has been absolutely dreadful.
By pugsville
I'm going through a period of mourning and withdrawal after the Australian debacle in South Africa.

expect more from the Australian team. Nothing to do with losing badly I can accept that. My following of the Australian cricket team had taken a huge hit, in the faith department,

we'll see later if it rekindles.
By fuser
Well its rather tough to win when your team only has one batsman. :lol: Although a good test because it was a close one.
By Heisenberg
I have a sneaking suspicion that India might just win this match. :excited:
By Decky
I don't usually watch the cricket but I saw some with my brother today and damn Kohli is a fucking beast. Also the cameraman kept zooming in on his wife and I could see why.

Ireland joins South Africa in the charges of genoc[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Everything is good here, @wat0n :)

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]