How to make Soccer a legitimate sport in the USA - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

I never said soccer has no strategy. However, there are many different elements to strategize with in American football, which makes it interesting. Clock management, timeout management, play calling, formations, man versus zone coverage, draws, play actions, etc. etc.
, formations, man versus zone coverage, draws, play actions, etc. etc.

Soccer has all these.

Clock management, timeout management,

So, what makes it interesting is you can stop/delay the game as part of a strategy? Why not just watch basketball?
Fist fights should be allowed with only a yellow card for the offending players and head butting should be made a legal move al la Zidane in the world cup. Me and my brother watched that game and both our jaws dropped when we saw that epic moment.
Football players have to put up with more physical hardship in terms of being subjected to physical contact. But the game stops every 10 seconds while a whole different set of players temporarily replace you depending on whether or not you're attacking. Doesn't seem to be especially taxing as far as stamina is concerned - compared to, say, basketball or soccer.
Lineman basically participate in limited hand to hand combat every play; trust me it is very taxing stamina wise.

I never made this argument. Then clarify exact[…]

Anyway, if you didn't have a fake version of his[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

For what? Not being Nazi enough? https://twitt[…]

Charles de Gaulle's (French president from January[…]