NHL 2013-2014 - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Demosthenes
I'm happy to say my prediction for the Rangers-Flyers series was at least off by one game. Hopefully I'll be wrong about the team too but since any time I get too happy and talk smack, I'm going to say Rangers in 6.
By Brio
Fuck sakes. Colorado is going to game 7.

My nails, my heart or especially my liver can't take this kind of thing.

Best of luck tomorrow, Demos.
By Demosthenes
Thanks, we're going to need it. I'm very surprised Minnesota has turned out to be this big a problem, I really thought the Avs were coming in hot.

Good luck to you tomorrow too!

*Begins contemplating golf*
By Demosthenes
Hard luck Leaf's fan. In the playoffs with 12 games to play and already golfing yourselves.

By Demosthenes
3 game 7s! Wow!

Rangers in 7.
By Americanroyalty
Wild for the win.

Edit: and they win what an excellent game. Can't wait for the second round against the Blackhawks. The Aves are alright, but they're fans are a bunch of baboons so they can suck it.
By Demosthenes
So, to publish results from the first round, we have:

SAM (who picked very well actually):

BOS vs. DET = 1pt
TBL vs. MTL = 1pt
PIT vs. CBJ = 1pt
NYR vs. PHI = 1pt

COL vs. MIN = 0pts
STL vs. CHI =1pt
ANA vs. DAL = 1pt
SJS vs. LAK = 1pt

I don't think anyone has ever correctly called every first round series before, but only missing one is still pretty good. Nice job Sam-I-Am! BUT, he failed to pick the number of games the series would go, so he gets no bonus pts.

Sam stands at 7 pts for the first round.

Let's see how I fared:

BOS vs. DET in 5 = 2pts
TBL vs. MTL in 7 = 1 pt
PIT vs. CBJ in 6, = 2 pts
NYR vs. PHI in 5. = 1 pt

COL vs. MIN in 5. = 0 pts
STL vs. CHI in 6. = 2 pts
ANA vs. DAL in 4. = 1pt
SJS vs. LAK in 6. = 1pt

That's the first time I've ever gotten that many bonus pts in one round. Well done me! I stand at 10 pts!!! WOO WHO! That's probably my best picks ever.

TOO BAD GODSTUD, BRIO, AND THE OTHERS ARE TOTALLY ABSENT THIS YEAR!

Second rd picks:

Mon Vs. Bos in 6. Taking a big risk here, Boston is really good, but Montreal is really playing well, plus Mr. Playoffs!
NYR vs Pit in 6.

Min vs Chi in 5.
LaK vs. Ana in 7.

Its pretty risky taking two upsets but I could see a CHI vs LA final pretty easily. THAT said, Anaheim could easily dominate this series despite the King's shit ton of momentum.

Stay tuned!
By Captain Sam
BOS vs. MTL - 6
PIT vs. NYR - 7
MIN vs. CHI - 5
ANA vs. LAK - 7

Montreal got out shot 51 to 33 last night. The only reason they won was because of Price.

Florida's GM, Dave Tallon, is actively shopping the 1st overall pick. This will be the 3rd time since 2002 that Florida has traded their 1st overall pick.
By Demosthenes
Looking at the second round, I think Sam managed to gain a point on me. Let's see how it shook out:

Mon Vs. Bos in 6. Yeah! I was right! Missed the bonus point though, by one stupid game. (2 pts)
NYR vs Pit in 6. Yeah, I missed this one altogether. I'm not sure who can have predicted their play following St. Louis' mother's death. They have a ton of momentum now. (no points)

Min vs Chi in 5. We both picked identically in the west and so we both gain a total of 5 points. (2 pts)
LaK vs. Ana in 7. (3 pts)

I stand at a total of 17 points. Let's look at Sam's points:

BOS vs. MTL - 6 (0)
PIT vs. NYR - 7 (3 Pts)
MIN vs. CHI - 5 (2 pts)
ANA vs. LAK - 7 (3 pts)

This puts Sam's total at 15 points now. This is a very competitive race AND its highly possible that I only lead because Sam didn't get his bonus pts in for the first round. It's unusual that both of us would only miss one series each round. Well done again Me and Sam!

Third Round:

Montreal in 6, though if Price is out I'm going to regret this.
Chicago in 7.
By Demosthenes
Captain Sam wrote:I saw New York blowout Montreal, so that's not very fair.

Yeah well, picking Montreal may be pretty silly anyway, though I think the biggest issue is whether or not Price comes back.

LA's momentum if very difficult for me to read, but CHicago seems as solid as ever. Well built. The Detroit of the teens, but tougher.
By Demosthenes
Well I'm screwed unless both teams come back from 3-1 deficits. (Now 3-2, but still...)
By Demosthenes
Yeah, losing that OT game 5 was pretty tough. I can't say the goal was all bad, but that's one you look back at and say "Yeah, you have to finish the series right there, this is Chicago, not the New York Islanders".
By Demosthenes
Damn, a photo finish at the end. So, LA vs NY and I totally bombed my sheet. I think this gives you the win for the season Sam, but let's see:

I get zero points for blowing the round completely. I'm stuck at 17

Sam had 15 and adds six for getting both game right. I think this puts you at something like 12-2 on the playoff year, that's pretty amazing really. I think I now stand at 10-4 myself, which isn't bad for me.

So Sam is at 21.

Since he's in first Sam can pretty much take the series simply by picking what I pick, but whatevz/

LA vs. NY in 6. This round is worth 4 points and 1 bonus pt if picking the correct number of games.
By Demosthenes

Well you're a good sportsman. In past years picking the opposite of me would have given you the win easily.
By Demosthenes
Simpsons are beyond lame now but still:

clicky clicky
By Demosthenes
All right, I add 4 for correctly picking LA (As if it wasn't a gimme) but I missed the number of games so 17 +4 gives me 21.

Sam and I tie.

In all honesty had he known to pick the games in the first round and had he picked more seriously in the last round he would have won it, so I'll concede the title on the tie to him.

Congratulations Sam for being this years PoFo Pick'em winner!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2xXMrwU[…]

I define my terms very clearly and very simply. S[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Yes. It's an adaptation to socially-constructed c[…]

Corruption ain't domination, and history ain't th[…]