Official Sochi 2014 Thread - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Red_Army wrote:How is it that Ukraine is ranked 25th, with Belarus at 7th?

I guess the protests are engaging all of Ukraine's athletes.

IOC missed out on a perfect opportunity for a demonstrative Winter Olympics sport, just in solidarity with Ukraine. It would involve lighting a bunch of tires on fire and sliding them down the icy hill, while a skier would race down in front them and avoid being hit by the flames and dodge the high-speed obstacles.
jessup... do [youtube] and then [ /youtube] thing. And just the ivT-I-yxtdY thing in the middle.
I must admit I am extremely surprised by the Russian top-medal finish at the Games, despite the men's hockey disaster. I guess for Russia, Norway, Canada, UK, Belarus, Germany and some others these were successful Games. I've read about criticism in American media who are ashamed of their medal performance. Which wasn't that bad.
OK. You can have the manly sport of figure skating, and we'll have hockey.
USA sucks, as always. They did poorly at this Olympiad.
I feel bad for Canadians, since most americans didn't watch any of the games and they are just bragging into a vacuum.

There has never been an american hockey riot, sadly most people don't care
Mostly because Americans were probably watching reruns of Tyler Perry's House of Payne. Americans have such great taste in things.
Really, really, weird.

Doesn't matter, they brought home the gold!

USA! USA! USA!
Burgers, Steaks, Ribs!

I'm going to drive up to the US-Canada border and start cursing in the direction of Canada.
The USA brought home LESS gold than Canada(10% the population of the USA) That's nothing to brag about. Enjoy your empty bravado, R_A. I am quite sure the Canadians can take some cursing, while we celebrate our GOLD. Wait... what did the USA get in Men's hockey? Oh right... NOTHING!
And Norway is 1/7th Canada's population and yet still brought in more gold medals.

So lets not get all chauvinist about a country you once called a barren wasteland full of dour people and frigid women.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Not in this case. Israel treats the entire Palest[…]

I spent literal months researching on the many ac[…]

meh, we're always in crsis. If you look at the […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...Other than graduating from high school and bei[…]