Official Sochi 2014 Thread - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Everybody knows the main event is still ahead, hockey my brothers, hockey. Russia will dominate figure scating will get their 3 medals atleast (gold), they fucked up biathlon well Ole Eine Bjorndalen the great astmatic managed to win on dope again. Meh...
Bring back the Art Competitions! It's unfortunate that they got rid of them since most of them were professionals at the time. I'm glad most of the current athletes are amateurs.
There's something very elitist about the whole winter olympics that puts me off it. All the athletes seem to be sons and daughters of past winners and or high ranking members of their sports governing bodies. Also the officials as with all olympics are as corrupt as the people involved with building the stadium. Also all the red white or blue nations take part, and as we all know they are the bad ones.
Many countries colours are red, white and blue...

Australia
Cambodia
Chile
Cook Islands (freely associated with New Zealand)
Costa Rica - with other color symbol
Cuba
Croatia - with other color symbol
Czech Republic
Dominican Republic - with other color symbol
Faroe Islands (overseas territory of Denmark)
Fiji
France
Iceland
Laos
Liberia
Luxembourg
Nepal
Netherlands
New Zealand
North Korea
Norway
Panama
Paraguay - with other color symbol
Puerto Rico (overseas commonwealth of United States)
Russia
Sabah
Samoa
Serbia - with other color symbol
Sint Maarten - with other color symbol (constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands)
Slovakia
Slovenia - with other color symbol
Taiwan
Thailand
United Kingdom
United States

So they're all bad? I suppose countries with white green and orange are wonderful, right?

... and the Olympics are NOT corrupt.

Just because you don't understand what the Olympics are about doesn't mean you have to insult them, or the spirit in which they are played, Jessup.
Jessup, if you think that corruption extends only to Winter Olympics, you're hugely mistaken. It just happens that sports success can be passed through generations, often it has to do with proper parenting and training/experience. And its not just with winter sports, there are plenty of examples elsewhere ...
often it has to do with proper parenting and training/experience

Or drugs, illegal drugs that cant be found yet. Lets not pretend that more than half if not near 90% of the top athletes use drugs.
Assuming that 90% of athletes use drugs is asinine, JohnRawls. I'll bet 90% of athletes do NOT use drugs. You take away from their hard work and training by suggesting it's all drugs.
Only the best use it durring olympics, but durring training, before the events any decent athlete uses drugs. Do you think its the human race evolving this fast breaking world records olympic after olympic ?
JohnRawls wrote:Do you think its the human race evolving this fast breaking world records olympic after olympic ?
Your ignorance of nutrition, training, and science, notwithstanding, it's got nothing to do with evolution.
Julia Lipnitskaia has been performing superbly throughout this season and she's likely to win an Olympic gold medal in the upcoming individual events. Gracie Gold skated the best long programme of her life and scored a career-best mark of 129.36, slightly behind Lipnitskaya. Gold is one of the medal contenders along with Japan's Asada who scored higher than Lipnitskaya in January at an international event. South Korea's Yuna Kim only participated in one international competition held in Serbia prior to Sochi but she had to represent her country just after coming out of retirement.

[youtube]6n4msWyCkjE[/youtube]
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 11 Feb 2014 05:33, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:Damn those figure skaters for using drugs!!!

You kidding me, they pump themselves full of heroin, coke and morphine before hitting the ice. All that spinning requires some serious balancing. I got motion sickness just by watching Yulia's performance. And Gravol didn't help ...
By R_G
Figure skating has had two major chokejobs accomplished.

In pairs, the Germans had a legit chance at Gold and blew down to Bronze. In mens, Patrick Chan of Canada has a wide open door for the Gold after the Japanese lead choked miserably and then he choked himself to lock down on Silver.

Will be interesting to watch the women.
RG you also forgot the Plushenko retired because of his sprained back at the training. So basically the male scating was an epic fail.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]