Seattle Seahawks football fans 'caused minor earthquake' - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

I wonder if the building sustained any structural damage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25205548

A celebration by US football fans in the city of Seattle grew so loud on Monday evening it registered as a minor earthquake, a research group has said.

Raucous fans jumped up and down during an early first quarter touchdown in the game between the Seattle Seahawks and New Orleans Saints.

The Pacific Northwest Seismic Network detected the vibrations, measuring between a magnitude 1 and 2 earthquake.

The Seattle Seahawks won the game at CenturyLink Field 34-7.

Pacific Northwest Seismic Network director John Vidale told CNN his staff recorded five separate seismic events during the game.

It was not the first time fan celebrations shook Seattle. In 2011, the response to another US football touchdown registered at nearby seismic recording stations.

CenturyLink Field, which is open to the air, also set a Guinness World Record for noise in September.
If ifs and buts were cherries and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

The West has always been considerably better in points standings since the lockout; you've got to learn to live with that reality. They are also tied with Anaheim with most games played (they have played 5 games more than Colorado, who has played the least amount of games, and yet are still 3 points behind), which is also artificially helping their point totals compared to other teams at the moment.

Although, I do find it funny that about a week ago or so the top team in the East would have been tied for 8th in the West.
Clearly the East is tougher and so the teams beat each other up more as opposed to the "soft" west where three or four bullies beat up everyone else...

Anyway, A friend of mine has a quainter saying about ifs.

If my sister had a dick she'd be my brother.
Demo, I think you got autocorrected. The team is, SEAHAWKS WHO HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL AND, LIKE THE STARKS, HAVE BEEN WOUND DOWN BY THE DECADENT TRASH AROUND THEM, BUT LIKE THEIR GLORIOUS CASCADIAN HOMELAND ARE FINALLY RISING.

Instead it says seachickens.
The Immortal Goon wrote:The Canucks…I don't follow hockey at all. I just sort of like that there's one team each for all of Cascadia.

There is a decent possibility that next time the NHL has to move a team or expands, Seattle (along with Quebec City) would be the front runner for a team. I think both deserve a team (way moreso than Phoenix etc.) and the cross-border rivalry with the Canucks would be pretty great.

Do you see Oct 7 as "legitimate resistance&q[…]

BRICS will fail

https://youtu.be/M0JVAxrlA1A?si=oCaDb2mXFwgdzuEt B[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]